Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble importing points into drawing file autocad R14

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JICKPAGE
642 Views, 2 Replies

trouble importing points into drawing file autocad R14

Recently had hard drive crash and had to replace system hard drive. I am using Win2K and have reloaded autocad and softdesk and have the system functioning again. Using autocad R14 and have been for many many years. Do not want to update autocad to new version but am desperate to get the one I have working the way it did before the system crash.

I have called up a drawing file and am attempting to insert points from an ascii file into this drawing. I have verified that the ascii file does, in fact, have the correct points by viewing it with notepad. When I import using <points>, <import from file> and choose the ascii file from which I want to import, autocad attempts the import but no points show up in the actual drawing. I have looked at every possible setting that I can think of, have determined that the file is not "locked", I have search through the autocad help section, I have searched through the forums on this site, I have searched across the web, and I've done everything else I can think of to try and locate any possible reason for this inexplicable behavior, all to no avail. I believe there must be a setting somewhere that I have not set correctly but I am baffled as to which setting that might be. I would most appreciate any help anyone could provide with possible solutions.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: JICKPAGE

why don't you post the points file here and see if it actually works first.

Can you also explain your import method using AutoCAD command names and terminology please?

Message 3 of 3
Patchy
in reply to: JICKPAGE

Did you set up Drawing Path correctly? 

Go to Project and see if it ties to Fixed Path or Project "DWG" Folder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report