Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two solutions to... Acad 14 "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Exception"

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
2105 Views, 0 Replies

Two solutions to... Acad 14 "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Exception"

Some time ago I was getting a particular "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Exception at..." in AutoCAD 14 only when I would try to exit a particular drawing file after editing.

I was also getting this type of crash at what appeared to be random times while editing any drawing.

Solutions...

In the first case above it was a corruption in the drawing file with one of the drawing elements (a line). I realized that an older copy of the drawing file was still OK. Something I added since was the problem. What I did was reopen a copy of the drawing and delete part of it then save and try to exit. If OK then the problem was in the part I deleted. If not then the problem was in the part that remained. I did this several times narrowing down the area of the drawing that contained the problem. Eventually it turned out to be a single short blue line (representing a steel strap in a framing plan). Once that line was removed all was OK again and I could continue editing the file. I have no idea why a line would (or could) be corrupted in such a way as to cause this but that's what it was.

In the second case above I discovered that if I created a block (for later insertion in a drawing) that has in it any "Wipeout"s (from the Bonus Tools) then insert this block into another drawing file and then try to hatch a closed area that is next to it while this said block is visible on the screen I would get this type of crash every time! The work-around for me is to either not use "Wipeouts" in certain blocks, place these kinds of blocks on a layer that I can temporarily turn off while hatching, or make sure that the offending block(s) are outside the view on my screen (not visible) while I hatch whatever it is I want to hatch.

If anyone else is having these problems I hope this helps.

By the way... when AutoCAD 14 crashes in this way DO NOT let it save the changes or your file will be corrupted permanently!

DWKcpbd
Simi Valley, CA
USA

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report