AutoCAD R12/R13/R14 Archive

Fred-G
Message 1 of 4 (398 Views)

Recovery of files corrupted by overwriting on a RW CD

398 Views, 3 Replies
01-16-2013 06:27 PM

Hello all, I've got files that are corrupted from being copied to a RW CD back in 2000 and would like to recover them.  At the time, I didn't know that RW disks don't accept simple overwrites of newer files being copied to disk and now I have a mess.  I've attempted to find this out over the years since my error and haven't been able to resolve this.  Now that it's 2013 I figure I'll ask again.  Thanks in advance for your help.  And yes I did Google this and tried a recovery software but no dice so I'm here.

Fred

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (390 Views)

Re: Recovery of files corrupted by overwriting on a RW CD

01-17-2013 07:02 AM in reply to: Fred-G

There is no fix for truly corrupt files destroyed by storage issues: post such a DWG for confirmation if you wish for others to try and recover one or two.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Fred-G
Message 3 of 4 (387 Views)

01-17-2013 11:28 AM in reply to: pendean

Dean, thanks for your prompt reply.

I've attached a .dwg file per your suggestion and cross my fingers.

Thanks,

Fred

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 4 (381 Views)

01-17-2013 06:03 PM in reply to: Fred-G

Your file contains no header: sadly it will never be recoverable, that's a key requirement for all electronic files.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube