AutoCAD R12/R13/R14 Archive

kathlene
Message 1 of 4 (3,065 Views)

R14 on XP, with MEM_BAD_POINTER

3065 Views, 3 Replies
03-31-2009 03:38 PM
I have been all over Google and various forums but don't see the fix for this set of circumstances.

I'm getting a MEM_BAD_POINTER error on all my files opened in AutoCAD 14. Problem just started today. I did recently install the bonus toolbar pack, which has some relatively necessary things on it I need.

I am using XP Pro, not Vista.

I am using SP3, not SP2.

The "Asian Languages" work-around isn't applicable, since it's not checked off.

Microsoft's hotfix for the problem says it's "unnecessary" during the course of installing it due to my having SP3 already.

All other CAD specific fixes I see apply to Vista not XP.

Pretty please help?

(Please, no upgrade admonitions. I have no control over the software my office is using.)

Thanks in advance! Edited by: kathlene on Mar 31, 2009 10:40 PM
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 4 (3,065 Views)

Re: R14 on XP, with MEM_BAD_POINTER

04-05-2009 03:25 PM in reply to: kathlene

If it worked once, it will work again if you
recreate the exact same conditions: reinstall everything to an earlier
state.

ncpls32
Message 3 of 4 (3,065 Views)

04-30-2009 07:45 AM in reply to: kathlene
I'm having EXACTLY the same problem - AutoCAD Rel 14, Windows XP SP3, work computer married to a certain software platform, and no luck finding any help other than for Vista. Have you had any luck?
sgskinner1960
Message 4 of 4 (3,065 Views)

05-20-2009 02:04 PM in reply to: kathlene
I having the same MEM_BAD_POINTER problem with R14 and Windows XP....any luck solving the problem?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube