Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R14 & Windows Vista

145 REPLIES 145
Message 1 of 146
mateo d
38510 Views, 145 Replies

R14 & Windows Vista

Hello, Is it possible to run Release 14 on windows vista?
145 REPLIES 145
Message 41 of 146
millman52
in reply to: mateo d

Thanks Ed S for the tips I installed my R-14 & followed your instructions in your post.

I am now up & running in Vista.
Message 42 of 146
dincomp

cant you give me a detail how to make R14 run with vista.
Message 43 of 146
dincomp

please help me how to make R14 work with vista.plese give a detail how to do it.please......................
Message 44 of 146
dneiljr

NinjaSan,
I have tried to understand what to do to get 14 on vista, but to no avail. I found the .dll file you are talking about and renamed it. OK, but that didn't help. You say, replace .dll files that work with vista, how do I do that? And then what do I do? I went to regedit and changed to administrator, but I still get the smart heap error. My 2000 works OK but my 14 is a looser.
Help! Thanks again--domo arigato
Message 45 of 146
johnvredfern

find SH31W32.dll file in r14 forder
2)then rename it or take backup
3)replace SH31W32.dll files that works with vista

Message was edited by: ninjawayne
Hi Ninja, where do I find replace SH31W32.dll files that works with vista? R John
Message 46 of 146
joeself

look at earlier message that has it attached.
Message 47 of 146
MCAFEESCOTT

I am installing Autocad 14 on Window Vista. Looks like I am having same problems as other members. Need to download new file sh31w32.dll. Where can I find this file? Thanks!
Message 48 of 146
johnvredfern

MANY THANKS JOESELF, I FOUND THE FILE FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS & IT WORKS FINE

JOHN
Message 49 of 146
deaconboat

Hi, guys. I was having the same problem getting R14 to run on my new Toshiba with Vista. Thanks muchly; I did as you described and it's up and running nicely. Milles mercis! Interesting glitch has developed. When I try to Insert a Raster Image, the message that comes up is 'unknown command "Image"'. Not quite sure why that is or what the solution is. Anyone got any ideas? -Cheers
Message 50 of 146
zirga

It seems to works well. The only thing is my mouse. I can not zoom and drag with scroll button. Solution?

Thanks
Message 51 of 146
plowens

This .dll has not changed anything except slowed down the bad mem pointer error coming up. Am I missing something here?
Message 52 of 146
iamtim

Thanks for your help with the Acad14/Vista problem. I've had success with your suggestions but am having font file problems.
Vista is not recognizing my .shx font files and is substituting with system font files. any suggestions.
Thanks
Message 53 of 146
wlaudolff

This fix works great! I'm not sure which permission actually did the trick though. I tried changing as many as I could, but to no avail. I then modified the permissions on the root AUTOCAD directory and ran autocad as admin. Everything works great now. Thanks Ed S!!
Message 54 of 146
Anonymous

Would you be able to send me more explicit instructions on how you were able to make AutoCAD 14 work on Vista. I never imagined I would ever run into this problem "upgrading" my computer and its operation system (Vista). Thank you. rhfecteau@yahoo.com
Message 55 of 146
mikeybiker

I'm a long-time lurker here, but I just joined the group for one reason only:
To post this THANKS for this thread on R14 & Vista.

I just read all the words of wisdom, did what I'm told, and it worked slick as can be.... You have made the old biker very happy.
mikey
http://www.niia.net/~leduc_mike/index.html
Message 56 of 146
Anonymous

How can I get more specific details about how to make AutoCAD r14 function on my Vista PC?
Message 57 of 146
joeself

read the entire thread.
Message 58 of 146
ireland124

I too am a long time lurker and just cannot figure this out. Could someone please help me or tell me whom I can call to receive assitance. I'm willing to pay that's how frustrated I am. At first I was getting the 2 typical errors Mem_heap and so on. I downloaded the new dll file and dropped and dragged it into the property to replace the old dll file that was listed here. Now, Im getting a message

AutoCAD application is not working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly

Please help me. I'm guessing I need to uninstall the program, and reinstall 14 but then what do I do? I'm trying to get this up and running before work tomorrow.

I hate VISTA!

Thanks so much and I appreiate any feedback!
Message 59 of 146
gilesacad14

I too joined this group to say thanks, as I no longer get the Mem errors. However, it doesn't recognise my dongle. I noted when I installed AutoCAD an error message about "HP printers" came up. It was difficult enough finding a new computer which had a parallel port (no laptops - I had to get a low spec desktop PC). I think Vista looks great, but a shame it doesn't work with most of my existing applications.
Message 60 of 146
ralphwilliam

I am running R14 with windows vista. I cannot change dimension style or use some of the commands. I get the message unknown command. Can this be corrected?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report