Did you mean: 

Autocad R14 button command

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
bjvirovatz
929 Views, 13 Replies

Autocad R14 button command

Hi.
I want to create a menu button and then assign a command to that button to create a fillet with a radius of 0. This simply takes two lines and trims them to meet each other. I created this button before but my computer crashed and I lost everything. I can't remember what the command that I assigned to the button looked like. All I remember is the command started with ^C^C. If anyone can show me exactly what the command would look like it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Brian
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Modman_4
in reply to: bjvirovatz

Just test it on the command line and record the steps you had to take to get it to work that way. Then put all that behind the ^C^C
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 3 of 14
bjvirovatz

Thanks. I thought of that. I believe the command should be ^C^C_FILLET but I can't remember how to add the 0 radius to the command.
Message 4 of 14
Patchy

^C^C_Fillet;r;0;
Message 5 of 14
bjvirovatz

Thanks Patchy, but we're still missing something. Adding your command runs the fillet command then goes back to the command line awaiting another command. It does not allow me to select the objects after I click on the menu button I created. When I originally created this menu button years ago (again, I lost it when I crashed) I would click the button and then select the two lines I want to fillet. Sheessh, I wish I could remember how I did it last time.
Message 6 of 14
bjvirovatz

Okay, here's the latest:
I got my fillet=0 button (the button I created) to work by using ^C^C_Fillet;r;0;Fillet. Apparently, AutoCAD was not returning to the fillet command to allow me to select the two objects to fillet. So, then I tried using the standard Fillet command on the command line. I entered "r" to change the radius and inputted 25 and then hit Enter. Guess what? The default fillet radius was changed but it did not prompt me to select any objects, ie., the command was ended and did not return to the fillet command. Strange. It never did that before I reloaded AutoCAD. Any ideas (or am I not making myself clear?)
Message 7 of 14
Patchy

^C^C_Fillet;r;0;;Fillet;

See if this does anything.
Message 8 of 14
bjvirovatz

Thanks again Patchy. It was the semicolon=Enter that I forgot.

I got my button to work by adding another Fillet command to the end of the command you provided earlier, which returns it to the Fillet command and prompts to select objects. Right now I'm trying to figure out why the standard AutoCAD Fillet command isn't working. I pasted the exact commands I entered below:

Command: fillet
(TRIM mode) Current fillet radius = 25.0000
Polyline/Radius/Trim/
Message 9 of 14
Patchy

set TRIMMODE to 1 and see
Message 10 of 14
bjvirovatz

Nope, setting the TRIMMODE didn't work.
Message 11 of 14
bjvirovatz

I found a post from ten years ago from someone that had the same problem with returning to the command prompt after entering a fillet radius. Someone responded saying to try this:

(command "_.undefine" "fillet")
(defun c:fillet (/ r)
(initget 128 "Radius")
(setq r (getpoint (strcat "\nFirst Object [Radius <"filletrad")) ">]: ")))
(if (= r "Radius")
(progn
(setq r (getdist "\nRadius: "))
(command "_.fillet" "_r" r "_.fillet"))
(command "_.fillet" r))
(princ)
)

Ok, that's fine and dandy for an autocad expert, but I have no idea what this is or what to do with this. Help!
Message 12 of 14
Patchy

It undefined the original fillet command and rewrite the fillet command.
"what this is or what to do with this"

You copy these lines, paste them into a .txt file and rename this text file to fillet.lsp
Move it to support folder in your Autocad
Start autocad, type in appload and find this fillet.lsp
then type in: FILLLET
Message 13 of 14
bjvirovatz

Thanks alot. We'll give that a try tonight. I'm a self-taught AutoCAD user, but grew up on CATIA and Unigraphics so I'm not completely CAD illiterate....just AutoCAD stupid. haha

Tell me, do I have to load this program everytime I launch AutoCAD?

Thanks again for all your help.

Brian
Message 14 of 14
Patchy

I can't remember r14 has startup suit or not, but I know you can do this:
put this Acad.lsp in your Acad Support Folder
and you don't have to appload anymore.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report