I have said this before, I just want to emphasize that it is important to be able to change the facing and the end type in the Spec.
At the moment you can only change this in the catalog which means you can’t use the same item with different end types. We are also looking at adding item codes to all line items so this separation is important.
I am looking forward to testing plant 3D 2014 to see if it meets our needs.
How about to have a Plant Breakdown Structure Manager that cover
Here is a list of issues we are having with plant 3d. I think some of these may have already been listed.
1. Iso drawings/piping components are not set up to handle weights correctly:
- weights display twice in iso BOM
- can't find a way to get total piping weight
2. Orthographic drawings do not have same functionality as AutoCAD paperspace.
- no way to turn off layers/objects
- when using AutoCAD paperspace some dimensions don't scale properly
3. Custom piping components don't show up in iso's correctly, their SKEY must be corrected to show up right
4. No easy way to add a blank column to iso drawings. Our work around was to pull a property with no data in it.
5. P&ID randomly turns ortho/polar tracking on and off
6. Plant 3D is not set up to handle part numbers
7. In P&ID there does not seem to be a way to make a static field in an annotation block
8. sometimes olets do not get dimensioned in iso and even moved to separate iso at times
9. It is not convenient to have to close out of plant to update spec's
10. view cube & menu bar have to be reloaded alot
11. in Plant 3D only able to select 1st priority of item from spec
12. cannot isolate model by part # or by line number
I think it should be great if we could work in a clipped box in 3D model. The box should work like in ortho's creation.
Planthide, Plantisolate an Plantshow should have a selection list to select what to hide or unhide.
- better working spec.update tool (spec update only works partly or in just 1 drawing).
- more isometric settings for dimensioning, weld&pos nr. arrows.
- dimensioning from fitting on isometric sheet 1 to fitting on sheet 2 (overall dimensioning)
- possibility to keep the orignal weld numbers on isometric after adding an fitting. (at the moment all weldnumbers change after adding a new fitting).
- adding custom made pipe supports to spec and/or toolpalette.
- insulation thickness showing in NWD-file
- catalog for tongue and groove flanges
- better working slope tools.
The ability to edit geometrical data in Excel like the descriptive data (with import/export) in Spec Editor.
When building or editing a catalog it is very time consuming to be forced to edit components one by one in Spec Editor (not to mention it's bad for my whrist)
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
|AutoCAD Land Desktop|
|AutoCAD Plant 3D|
|AutoCAD Raster Design|
|AutoCAD Structural Detailing|
|Ecotect Analysis - Desktop Tools|
|Green Building Studio - Web-Based Service|
|Robot Structural Analysis|