In Plant 3D when you hover over a pipe it says that it is a pipe, if you hover over anything else for example bends, flanges, valves etc., it says that it is a Pipe Inline Asset which is not very helpful.
I would like to see the Long Description (Size), other users might like to see the Long Description (Family), either way it would be good to have an easy way to set up what is shown when we hover over a pipe, valve etc.
When the Isometrics are created it is notified in the Status Bar Tray. We usually have the variable Traynotify turned off since we don’t want to be notified each time a plot is created, but this also turns off the notification of the isometrics. Would it be possible to separate these two notifications?
add an 'update border' or 'replace border' command to p&id, allowing to use newer versions or switching to another size.
Further to my comment above regarding information listed when you hover over a pipe, you should also be able to get the information from piping components in an xref. From past experience this is an extremely useful feature
I pray for 3 main upgrade:
I. BE AVAILIBLE to create new P3D classes, and in this way, better mappaing options
II. Better ISO generating, without splitting small piperuns to 20 sheets /without any
III. Smarter ORTHO creation
Future "dream" wishes:
Changing the graphic engine to something that can handle such projects, that
Plant should, but just dying under them. In other softwares. It is not a big deal,
to make the PID-PLANT-ISO communicate back and forth!!! COME ON!
Why don't developers make our life easier, and create a market leading
(Okay I got it, that there is AutoCAD connection, but maybe we absolutely do not
need it anymore. For example, I really like the Inventors drawing interface, and it also
communicate with AC, so everybody is happy with it...)
THANK YOU AUTODESK, for listening to my mortal words!
Following basic modelling tools are required in Plant3d space itself, presently basic structural tools only available in Plant3d space.
Basic civil modelling tools like beam, column, wall, window, door, lintel and civil staircase with hand rail.
Basic Electrical cable trays and HVAC ducts of various sizes.
We would like to have only shape intelligent, not other intelligents. Presently we are using autocad extrude commands for making beam, column, slab, which cause difficulty if sizes are changed.
Hope this will be available in 2014 release.
A 'activate spec' command that activates the spec by selecting a component. It should pick up the spec from that item and make it current.
My wish are:
- more inteligent pipe support, it is a big headache to insert the pipe support at the moment, it is so hard to modified it with the support lengh. I will have to delete it and redo it again. It would be nice if I can modify it still after it is insert. It would save me a lot of time.
- circular railling (at the moment, I have to do it manually, painful!)
- cable tray !!!!
- insulation to showup in Navisworks.
- better ortho. It is quite painful to update/edit a ortho view, Also, when pipe penetrate through the tank, (i.e. circular tank), it won't be able to show the penetration properly. please improve this, to avoid the manually editting.
- data manager, sorting via multi criterias, and exported to excel as you sorted in Data manager
- imporve the workflow from Revit (structural) to Plant 3D. At the moment, I have to unit all the 3d solid exported out from Revit before I create ortho. Otherwise, the it will give me some unwanted line between walls and floors, etc.
Standardise the Plant 3D Catalog format so that they work with all releases or make available a convertor for saving to earlier releases. Presently you have different content packs available for different releases but the newer ones cannot be used by earlier releases. This is only going to get worse
Due to other software we are presently working in Plant 3D 2012, we are producing a catalog based on ISCO IPS HDPE Pipes. Autodesk have just made this content pack available for download but only for Plant 3D 2013, this is really annoying.
Having to convert the Specs and catalogs each release might have seemed like a good idea at the time but from a users viewpoint it is painful.
Add weights to your catalogs. CadWorx do this by creating and ASME catalog for Stainless Steel and Carbon Steel, this covers most situations.
Create an ASME Metric catalog. I know it is based on imperial sizes but I like to keep all of the catalogs used in the project Metric.