AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ortthographic Views not loading

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tylerkerr
1635 Views, 4 Replies

Ortthographic Views not loading

I've upgraded to Extention 1 and running into a new problem.   When I try to create a ortho view, nothing is being generated.  The list comes up like it is generating something, but nothing ends up in the viewport (or model space).  All the layers are turned on.  I went back to an old project that I had previously done an ortho view on.  If I update the view, everything disappears. 

This is happening on two machines.  Any help?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PeterQuinn
in reply to: tylerkerr

Is it the problem listed in the readme?

• If you attempt to create an Ortho BOM in a metric project that was created before Extension 1 was installed, you may get a message: Failed to load configuration.... To work around this problem copy OrthoBOMConfigMetric.xml from C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\PLNT3D\en-US\OrthoProjectTemplates\Imperial\Default to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\PLNT3D\en-US\OrthoProjectTemplates\Metric\Default.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
jabowabo

I had a similar problem recently. It turned out to be a problem with an xref that contained ACIS objects. If you have any xrefs you might try unloading them then adding them back one by one to narrow down the problem.
Message 4 of 5
Marc_VDZ

I also encountered the same problem after installing Autodesk's AutoCAD Plant3d 2014 Extension 1. When I open a project created before the Extension pack 1 was installed and I do an Update View in the ortho View, everything disappears from the screen. All items in the viewport I try to update is gone ! Only the ortho annotations are still visible in Pspace.

I had 15 ortho views and all have the same problem !

After de-installing the extension pack 1 and re-installing Plant 3D, everything works out fine again !

Can you check this out ?

Marc

Message 5 of 5
EricNyh
in reply to: Marc_VDZ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost