i am very upset at this latest "bug". after doing an update view on my ortho viewport it moves the whole viewport up and to the left. this makes all the annotations that i have spent hours adding useless. this is unacceptable!!!!!!!!
is this happening in 2012 too ?
old issue, the solution works for me though, see older post
We are currently looking into this issue. I have been able to reproduce the problem (randomly) and it seems to be realated to Plant 3D models that have XREFs attached. Are you using XREFs on your project? If so, what kind of models are you attaching? (regular ACAD 3D solids, model from another vertical - ACAD Architecture, Revit, etc.)
So far the workaround to "repair" an Ortho view is to:
1. Select the viewport that has shifted
2. Click on "Edit View" from the ribbon bar
3. Once the ortho view boundary selection comes up, just click "Update View" on the ribbon bar
4. The view will regenerate and it should be back to where it was before
5. If changes have been made to tags or properties, right-click on the view on Project Manager and select "Update annotations" (The annotations in paper space should still be linked to the model objects and the database)
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly.
This is happening to me when I change how much I want to show in the "ortho model" and then update, then my view moves. It would be nice if my layout in the view is on the same place. I'm using Plant 3D 2012.