Where is display new property from Catalog? It is display neither in Spec not in Data Manager. How to use this new properties?
1. Start SpecsAndCatalogs Editor 2013 as admin.
2. Open Catalog
3. Menu Catalog --> Modify Catalog Properties
4. Add new property - NewProperty, DefaultValue = ert (see New_Prop.jpg)
5. Save Catalog
6. Go on the SpecEditor Tab
7. Open Spec
8. Open Family with new property in the Catalog. New property there is in the Size Range (see New_Prop1.jpg)
9. Add this Family in the Spec. New Property there is not in the Edit Parts (see New_Prop2.jpg).
You need to create properties with the same name and type in the spec and project. The program will transfer data through thes from catalog to project, but it will not create the proprties itself. This way you can create properties at catalog and spec level that help selecting objects, but don't need to be present in the drawing
Thanks for the reply! We have tryed to create a custom field on catalog level, spec level and project level. Information added in the custom field in catalog in Spec Editor is successfully transfered into project. The problem is that exporting the catalog or spec in Excel does not output that custom field. Could you please give us a guideline how to get the added custom field in Excel for the purpose of large data editing?
Another question is how to get the custom field by creating new catalog with Catalog Builder from Excel file with added custom field?
Thanks in advance!