AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "INTERNAL ERROR: !dbobji.cpp@7319 eNot Open For Write"

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
ukdxb012
34726 Views, 20 Replies

Error "INTERNAL ERROR: !dbobji.cpp@7319 eNot Open For Write"

Dear all,

We have noticed an issue on one machine regarding a project we have started in Plant 3D. The error that comes up when we open the project is "INTERNAL ERROR: !dbobji.cpp@7319 eNot Open For Write". Has any one come across this? Does anyone out there have any best practice documents etc on project setup?

The reason for asking is that now when we open Plant 3D, the same project tries to open but crashes everytime and closes Plant 3D. The only way to get it working again is to delete the USER Key in the registry and fire up the secondary installer for Plant 3D... This removes the link and loads the default project template. We can open the project again but unfortunately we end up in the same position...

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hello Everyone, 

I am currently receiving the following error, !dbobji.cpp@8440: eNotOpenForWrite

I try opening the project file which basically includes line work and some alignments. There may be some corridors and data short cut information, aside from these items some x-references. Im not sure what could possibly be causing the internal error. 

Within our company, we just recently converted to 2018 Autocad. This particular file is being used with Civil 3D. A few ideas have been tossed around here about resolving the problem, which has been to open all of our base files (files that we are x-referencing into this particular file with the internal error) and recover, audit and purge. This really has not made any difference in the problem file.

My guess is this is a corrupt x-ref somehow, but not sure which one, since i cannot access the file and i have recovered all of the xrefs. Another would be the data shortcuts that i may have within the file. It seems i have difficulty opening any file that may contain data shortcut info or profile from the type of files i have tried opening for this project.

The solution below may not work since this is in Civil 3D and the number to the problem is @8440...but any help or description as to why this happens would be greatly appreciated, maybe i can find a work around. I have also attached the file in which i am having difficulty opening. Maybe you will have better luck opening it. FYI 2018 version  

Regards,

Hugo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost