AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swage with PBE - strange weld behaviour

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MOLGRAND
962 Views, 5 Replies

swage with PBE - strange weld behaviour

Hi,

I have created a concentric swage with PBE & although it models ok when you run the iso it reports the welds incorrectly. I am using it within a SW spec & would expect to use the swage with a fitting possibly on both ends. It would seam that the sencond point of the swage insert shows the weld as a butt weld when it isnt.

Can somebody advise a work around solution please - thanks.

Gary

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
eadkins73
in reply to: MOLGRAND

Check in your catalog/spec that both ends have an end type of PL

Ed Adkins
EA2 Engineering
www.ea2eng.com
Message 3 of 6
mjohnson

By project default, your end connection types that are PL or BV will assign a buttweld.  Those settings can be modified in your project setup under Piping Connection Settings.  If you go into your Piping Connection Settings and modify the socket welded connection to include PL, and SW connections on both end connections, anytime you have a PL connection you'll be able to select the weld and use the substitute part icon, to change it from a buttweld to a socketweld.  If you need I can provide images of how this is done. 

Message 4 of 6
MOLGRAND

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply chaps - i didnt get chance to look at it straight away.

I have tried the solution offered & it doesnt work (unless im missing something) - I have attached my work through for your thoughts!

Thanks

Gary

Message 5 of 6
mjohnson

From your attached picture, you still need to click on modify.  Once there make sure you select the multiple end connection types, as I've shown in the attached picture.  Once you've done that you'll still need to get into your model, turn the view settings to 3d wireframe, select the weld using a selection window (as a weld is shown as a small dot and is hard to select otherwise), and use the substitute part menu to change the weld type.  

Something to notice:

Once inside of PROJECT SETUP, with the PIPING CONNECTION SETTINGS pulled up, notice the end connections on a default socketweld are different.  End 1 is shown as PL, and End 2 is shown as a SW.  Click the modify icon with socketweld highlighted, from here as show in the attached image "Capture", select SW on both End 1 and make sure its on in End 2.  Save changes and get back into your model.

Click on your swage, go to its properties and scroll down till you see port properties, as shown in the attached image "Capture 2", make sure both end types on your swage are set to SW.  Let me know if that works.

Mike 

Message 6 of 6
MOLGRAND

Hi thanks for your input,

The end connections settings were already ok - but I doubled checked anyway just to make sure!

My conclusion is this must be a bug unless somebody can replicate this with the correct welds on an Iso so I can see - but I am happy to be proved wrong!!

To conclude this was a conc swage with PL ends & I was looking to socket weld it into a fitting at both ends.

As always - no input from Autodesk!!!!!

Regards

Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost