AutoCAD Plant 3D General

Message 1 of 3 (158 Views)

suitability for Autodesk Plant Design Premium 2014

158 Views, 2 Replies
08-19-2013 09:11 AM

I am considering a new graphics card for my system ... Does anyone see any conflicts or incompatabilities using the

NVIDIA Quadro K5000, 4GB, 2 DP + DVIi + DVId, Dell Precision Tx600?

This is going to be run with an Eight Core XEON E5-2687W, 3.1GHz, 20M, 8.0 GT/s, Turbo+, Dell Precision T7600 on

a Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, Fixed Precision operating system and 32GB DDR3 RDIMM 1600, ECC, 4x8GB

PWSTX600.

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 2 of 3 (137 Views)

Re: suitability for Autodesk Plant Design Premium 2014

08-19-2013 12:35 PM in reply to: adissing

No conflicts per se, but you shouldn't be expecting a linear per-dollar increase in performance over a more generic gaming card or low-to-mid level Quadro.  Entire system is quite a bit overspec'd from a cost persective, from the dual quad-core Xeons to large amounts of ECC RAM.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Message 3 of 3 (132 Views)

Re: suitability for Autodesk Plant Design Premium 2014

08-19-2013 01:18 PM in reply to: dgorsman

This card ... the K5000 is $2000+ and probably "over the top" for optimal use in the Plant Design Suite 2014.

Could you possibly recommend a graphics card that would give me a very high performance considering the

intended use without "breaking the bank"? I don't intend to be using the system for gaming, I just want a great

card that will serve me well for the Plant Design Suite. Many Thanks ... Alex

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community