AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suitability for Autodesk Plant Design Premium 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
adissing
357 Views, 2 Replies

suitability for Autodesk Plant Design Premium 2014

I am considering a new graphics card for my system ... Does anyone see any conflicts or incompatabilities using the

NVIDIA Quadro K5000, 4GB, 2 DP + DVIi + DVId, Dell Precision Tx600?

This is going to be run with an Eight Core XEON E5-2687W, 3.1GHz, 20M, 8.0 GT/s, Turbo+, Dell Precision T7600 on

a Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, Fixed Precision operating system and 32GB DDR3 RDIMM 1600, ECC, 4x8GB

PWSTX600.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: adissing

No conflicts per se, but you shouldn't be expecting a linear per-dollar increase in performance over a more generic gaming card or low-to-mid level Quadro.  Entire system is quite a bit overspec'd from a cost persective, from the dual quad-core Xeons to large amounts of ECC RAM.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
adissing
in reply to: dgorsman

This card ... the K5000 is $2000+ and probably "over the top" for optimal use in the Plant Design Suite 2014.

Could you possibly recommend a graphics card that would give me a very high performance considering the

intended use without "breaking the bank"? I don't intend to be using the system for gaming, I just want a great

card that will serve me well for the Plant Design Suite. Many Thanks ... Alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost