AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nozzle bug or just me?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
danceman
1718 Views, 5 Replies

nozzle bug or just me?

can't delete a nozzle. have never found the right button to do this. where is it at? not in help either.

nozzle does not route properly. instead of being a traditional nozzle where it sticks out of the vessel it routes inward  towards center of vessel (inside) when using a "line" for nozzle location.

if you have a reply please also send to

donald_walker_oldmanone@yahoo.com

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: danceman

when placing the nozzle you need to pick the point for the location of the nozzle and then drag the mouse off in the direction you want the nozzle to point...snaping to both ends of your setout line will work. If the nozzle is in the x,y, or z direction you can just pick the nozzle location and then use ortho to drag off for the next point (length of line or distance does not not affect the nozzle)

You wont need to delete the nozzle, just click on the pencil symbol to edit the nozzle then hit the "Change Location" button you will see text:

"Nozzle location has been marked.

Change or Remove?"

click on the text where it says change, and then relocate nozzle in graphics window.

(or you could hit the Remove if you need to delete the nozzle)

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 3 of 6
danceman
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Thanks a bunch richos69. after 8 trys I was finally able to duplicate it getting it right just the way you said.

thanks again.

Message 4 of 6
Rich.O.3d

has anyone tried changing a nozzle location in 2012

Ive got a major bug....when i pick the second point in the change process, plant leaves the dynamic input box on the screen and kind of crashes out of the command leaving the nozzle in its original location and craps out my graphics...the dynamic input box stays up and kind of cascades itslef around the screen as i move my mouse, if i close and save file, plant continues just fine.

CAD Management 101:
Message 5 of 6
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

anyone using 2012 having trouble moving or deleting a nozzle

CAD Management 101:
Message 6 of 6
daLeed

TO DELETE A NOZZLE

hold down [CTRL] key and left mouse click on the nozzle you dont want.

a PENCIL icon will appear over the nozzle... then press the [Delete] key to remove nozzle

[CTRL] + pick more than one nozzle (multiple at once) for more PENCILs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost