AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nozzle bug or just me? here we go again

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
danceman
494 Views, 1 Reply

nozzle bug or just me? here we go again

using 2011 P3D. Have a contorted piece of a tank with a few 3D solids attached to a "tank" using "attach equipment."  I have some nozzles coming out of the 3D attached solids at weird angles.

I draw a line where I want the nozzles to go. I select the equipment. everything shows it is selected, original tank and attached 3d solids, select the nozzle number. go to location, chose line option, select a line that runs into (and I did this with the line running thru it as well) to tell P3D where I want the nozzle........

here is the error I am getting,  "The line does not intersect with the equipment! Please select another line!"

did this on all the "attached 3D model parts to the equipment" none worked.

did this to a line that is touching the "original" tank and it works.

For some reason attaching a nozzle to a line with the line going thru (or coming out of) a 3D attached part does not work, err, at least for me.  not one time.

It does work if the line is going thru or coming out of a regular part. It works everytime.

is this a bug or just me?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alvaro.nimasco
in reply to: danceman

Hi,

same thing here. I create a Tank with 'PLANTEQUIPMENTCREATE', then 'PlantNozzleAdd' using Nozzle Location: Radial and Top and all OK. Then using the Nozzle Location: Line, for a drain nozzle that I 'PlantEquipmentAttach' when 'Select Line' I end up with 'The line selected doesn't intersect the equipment! Please select another line!   see photo

Any solution ?

thanks

AP3D 2013 SP1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost