AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need object enabler help

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
eskisa0100
945 Views, 5 Replies

need object enabler help

My Plant 3D object enabler is loaded but when I append this model (with no xrefs) in Navisworks, the P3D pipe that I have put in shows as square wire frame.  The pipe in the model from a client shows correctly but are 3d solids because it was created in CadWorx.  Also when I go to the scene statistics in Navisworks, it says the object enabler is missing.  Also when I try to load it again, it says it is installed and the buttons give me no choice but to quit or go back.  If I quit is says in hasn't finished installing but it isn't doing anything.  I've left if up for hours but still nothing.  This is driving me insane. I am obviously not doing something right.  Please help!!!

Thanks you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: eskisa0100

First, check the DWG loader version in Navisworks.  If this is set to a lower version the OE may not work.  Also check the DWG version being saved with.

Second, check the OE version is correct for the P3D version you are working with.  Also check that the OE will work with your version of Navisworks.

Third, try to do a repair install on the OE.  If that isn't possible, do a full uinstall/reboot/install for the OE; ensure UAC and anti-virus aren't getting in the way of the installer.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 6
eskisa0100
in reply to: dgorsman

Thank you, but I have no idea how to do the first two.  The third I dd a repair on it and it seemed to work. ??  Plant 3D saves to 2013 (even though it is version 2014) and doesn't give me an option to save to 2014 so don't know if that's a problem.  Don't know how to check to see if OE versions are compatible with each other. ??? I'm just not that savvy with all this.  That's obviously why I am having such a hard time.  But again thanks for the suggestions.  maybe I can figure it out when I have more time.  I've just spend the last two days trying to figure this out, so I'm rather done with it for now.

Message 4 of 6
dgorsman

Vertical (e.g. P3D) version is separate from the DWG file version - there is no 2014 DWG file format, but there are P3D formats for 2013, 2012, and so on.  Thats why its important to have the correct OE version, since a P3D 2011 OE may have trouble with a file with P3D 2014 format, even if the DWG file is 2011 format.  Navisworks has a DWG reader version setting in the options, so again if it set as 2011 DWG format it may have trouble reading P3D 2014 components in a 2013 DWG file.  Read that through a couple of times, its a little complex but it does eventually make sense.  It also applies to all of the other vertical products like Mechanical and Civil3D.

As for the repair install working, thats typical when Navisworks has been installed or updated after the OE is installed.  Installing the OE adds links to already installed products; when other products are installed they don't (and can't) check for already installed OE's.  When installing a variety of products save the OE's for last so you can apply them to *everything* they can be used with.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 6
eskisa0100
in reply to: dgorsman

Well, again thanks, but I'm just not that savvy with this so it really doesn't make much sense.  I did uninstalled the enabler and reloaded it but nothing seems to have changed.  Guess I will try the support center phone line.  I always try to avoid that since I can never get through but looks like i've come to my last resort.  Again thank you but this is all way over my head.  I just don't want to make things worse.

Message 6 of 6
patpat79

Have you tried opening the model, use "nwcout" coomand and use the output in appending to navis?? thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost