AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error on inserting blank flange

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
phil.cooper
372 Views, 7 Replies

error on inserting blank flange

I have created some blank flanges for my 'OD' spec. I have created them exactly the same way i created them for my 'DIN' spec which works perfectly.

But when I insert the OD blank flange, i get the attached error.

Does anyone know why this is?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Strange,

the blind plate has only 1 port. But in you case it looks like that there are 2ports.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 3 of 8

hi,

ive checked my models and in the catalogue and my blank flanges only have 1 port.

any idea why this is happening?

Message 4 of 8
phil.cooper
in reply to: phil.cooper

ive double checked all the settings and everything is the same as in my other spec which works fine.

ive tried created new blank flanges (parametric and block based) and the same error still appears.

Does anyone know any reason why this could be happening?

Message 5 of 8
Ahmed1081975

HI,

You have to Do 1 from those incoming options

1- Redefined the block

2- Delete all flange used in your file and purge and compressproject in the comment

Best Regards,

[cid:image002.jpg@01CD9CD8.120726E0]
Ahmed Helal
Senior CAD Piping Design

METITO OVERSEAS LTD. | P.O Box 22701, Sharjah, UAE
Tel: +971 (6) 556 1818 EXT.#431 | Fax: +971 (6) 556 4777 | Mob: 971 (55) 7195509
Email: ahmed.helal@metito.com | www.metito.com

This e-mail message and any attachments to it are intended only for the named recipients and may contain confidential information. If you are not one of the intended recipients, please do not duplicate or forward this e-mail message and immediately delete it from your computer. If you received this e-mail by error, please notify postmaster@metito.com.

The sender does not accept any liability for any loss, of whatsoever nature, however caused in the context of this message, which may arise as a result of Internet transmission.
Message 6 of 8
phil.cooper
in reply to: Ahmed1081975

hi,

I just tried what you suggested and nothing has changed.

Message 7 of 8
phil.cooper

Does anyone have any other ideas why it might be doing this?

Message 8 of 8
phil.cooper

if i insert a single flange onto the end of a pipe, it will autoflange to create the union. if i then use the dropdown arrow to replace the flange with a blind flange, then it inserts perfectly.

But as before, when i insert the blind flange straight onto the end of the pipe I get the error message.

Why would it be doing this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost