AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equipement connection

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
arjan.gorinsekéman-engineering.be
830 Views, 9 Replies

equipement connection

Hello,

I have a lot of equipment supplied by the customer and these models are not that good.

The nozzels of the different equipment are not inline ( see screenshot)

All the nozzels have a different deviation (+-0.00001)

Is it possible to set the precision of connections to 0.1 ? In the field 0.1 is not a problem.

Or how to I connection this equipment?

Thanks Arjan

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

To change the presicion: command "UNITS". And then you need move all equipment manually using snaps and coordinates: command MOVE-> select point of equipment-> #x,y,z (using symbol # is for indicate the coordinates to move).

Message 3 of 10

Hello,

It is not that simple to move the equipement.

There are different nozzels on the same equipement with a different deviation.

Attached you find the equipment drawing.

I need a function to connect equipment even if there is a deviation less the 0.5mm.

Regards,

Message 4 of 10

did you try to use the toggle tolerances button under the home ribbon, on the tab next to the "create ortho view" tab?

Message 5 of 10

Thanks for the reply

I don't think that is the button i'm looking for.

I think the toggle function is only for the compass.

Message 6 of 10

there is one to turn on and off the compass just next to the toggle tolerance button. the tolerance from my experience is for the tolerance on the pipe routes that are not exactly straight. try to turn this on and also the cutback elbow button so that if it needs to use the tolerance it may need to cutback an elbow to make a good connection.

Message 7 of 10

Ok I will try this

Message 8 of 10

There is a tolerance defined for all connection types, but it is not exposed in the UI. There is a file in your project directory called DefaultConnectorsConfig.xml. It contains a slope tolerance and an offset tolerance for each connection type. You should be able to modify the connection tolerance here. 

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 10
TBoo
in reply to: PeterQuinn

I went to the file and was able to see all the info on the file but was not able to edit any information. do you have to have admin rights or something like that to edit the info?

Message 10 of 10

You need to open this file with block notes to edit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost