AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ductile iron Repair and Maintenance Mising Fittings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Ahmed1081975
420 Views, 5 Replies

ductile iron Repair and Maintenance Mising Fittings

Hi Autodesk Support,

In the Uk & AWAW ductile iron content catalog  there are missing very important fittings watch is must using for any project using ductile iron pipe, please without those missing fittings can’t using ductile iron pipe in Plant 3D, for more clarification of the missing fittings please refer the attached file.

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Dan.Scales
in reply to: Ahmed1081975

Hi Ahmed,

You can request additional content here:

PLANT - Request a Content Pack

In the meantime you will need to create the content using the AutoCAD Plant 3D Spec Editor 2013 and/or the AutoCAD Plant 3D Catalog Builder.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 6
Ahmed1081975
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Hi Dan,

First:

my issue not additional it's uncompleted catalog there are no project in the world did not using those missing fittings it's must with ductile iron,

Second:

You ask me to make anew catalog. so where is the base to do that for missing fittings I understand you ask me to draw all those by 3d model then converting, this is the logic way??

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

Message 4 of 6
Dan.Scales

Hi Ahmed,

Unfortunately it is not really possible to have every possible component within a catalog and some will need to be created. 

With regard to creation, you can either model the fittings or use a standard parametric shape.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 5 of 6
Ahmed1081975
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Dear Dan,

Thanks for your reply; can you please inform me how can I use the parametric fitting from existing catalog?  Did you see me attached file in the previous?  Because I don’t think so we have even near those fitting in the existing catalog, please have a look and back to me please

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

Message 6 of 6
Dan.Scales

Hi Ahmed,

Using the parametric fitting option won't give a true representation of the fitting, but it could be used to indicate the type of fitting.

If you need the part to look as it really does then you will need to create the parts from AutoCAD solids.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost