We work in network :
- P3D projets,
- project's specs
- SharedContentFolder with catalogs
are on our server.
Description of observations
At each (re)start of user's computer, when the user launchs P3D, the networks path are not seen as connected by P3D.(red crosses on network letters appear in P3D file browe window). And P3D is not able to find by itself any network file/folder
However, in Windows file browser the network letters are correctly connected.
After the user had browse in P3D file browser, the network letters become connected and P3D is able to find the files/folders
See JPEG attached
- The launch of P3D is very very long : P3D try to find the path of the last project open, and it can't,
- the PLANTCONTENTFOLDER is redirected to local path "C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 Content"
- the user have to open the project manualy
- the user have to redirect the PLANTCONTENTFOLDER to server with the command PLANTMODIFYSHAREDCONTENTFOLDER
Any solution is welcome ! Thanks
I've had that problem too. I found that if I opened the Drive in Windows Explorer before launching P3D it is able to find the drive.
Our drives are some SMB Windows 2008 R2 shared folder (on a dedicated file server).
On user's computers it's deployed using GPO, as network drives (Windows 7).
Yes, I've figured that out too. But this is no solution. I can't tell users they have to open the drive before launch P3D.
I'm looking for an automated solution
I think the next thing to look at is permissions.
If you assign the user full administrator permission does the same happen?
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register