AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

normad
Message 1 of 5 (363 Views)

automatically adding tees to the piping

363 Views, 4 Replies
05-05-2013 10:35 PM

Hey guys, I could find some online help for adding a tee joint. But thats for branching off a pipe. In my scenario it is not possible to know the location of the t joint beforehand. Therefore i need autocad to add a tee when i connect a pipe perpendicular to an existing pipe. I tried stub-in but it always fails to auto-route and messes up big time. I saw a youtube video where its done in a single click. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsgig1P_O8Y
but it doesnt explain and i cant figure out how its done. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated :smileyhappy:
thanks

Active Contributor
mikael
Message 2 of 5 (352 Views)

Re: automatically adding tees to the piping

05-06-2013 01:49 AM in reply to: normad

Hi,

it should do that automatically when using perpendicular.

Although be sure that in "elevation & routing" COP is selected.

Any Offsets should also be set to zero.

//Mikael

normad
Message 3 of 5 (328 Views)

05-06-2013 12:43 PM in reply to: normad

thanks man :smileyhappy: i eventually figured it out.. 

I have another question though.. say i have a bunch of vertical pipe lines and i want to place different valves on each line at the same height.. how do i constrain all of them to the same height? do parametric constraints work on piping components? and is it possible to specify the length of a piping segment? to me it just seems like im eyeballing everything :/

Active Contributor
mikael
Message 4 of 5 (325 Views)

05-06-2013 01:03 PM in reply to: normad

Hi again,

have a look at this video, about 1.50 min in, probably not the best explanation of how it works, but that it can be done: http://youtu.be/WS6lny1A7pU

You can use Otrack to align components.

//Mikael

Contributor
agutak
Message 5 of 5 (321 Views)

05-06-2013 01:57 PM in reply to: normad

Hi,

to add a tee joint automaticaly when connecting two pipes you should define this in your spec (Spec Editor -> BranchTable Editor).

Anatol D. Gutak

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community