AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically adding tees to the piping

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
normad
2157 Views, 4 Replies

automatically adding tees to the piping

Hey guys, I could find some online help for adding a tee joint. But thats for branching off a pipe. In my scenario it is not possible to know the location of the t joint beforehand. Therefore i need autocad to add a tee when i connect a pipe perpendicular to an existing pipe. I tried stub-in but it always fails to auto-route and messes up big time. I saw a youtube video where its done in a single click. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsgig1P_O8Y
but it doesnt explain and i cant figure out how its done. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂
thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mikael
in reply to: normad

Hi,

it should do that automatically when using perpendicular.

Although be sure that in "elevation & routing" COP is selected.

Any Offsets should also be set to zero.

//Mikael

Message 3 of 5
normad

thanks man 🙂 i eventually figured it out.. 

I have another question though.. say i have a bunch of vertical pipe lines and i want to place different valves on each line at the same height.. how do i constrain all of them to the same height? do parametric constraints work on piping components? and is it possible to specify the length of a piping segment? to me it just seems like im eyeballing everything 😕

Message 4 of 5
mikael

Hi again,

have a look at this video, about 1.50 min in, probably not the best explanation of how it works, but that it can be done: http://youtu.be/WS6lny1A7pU

You can use Otrack to align components.

//Mikael

Message 5 of 5
agutak

Hi,

to add a tee joint automaticaly when connecting two pipes you should define this in your spec (Spec Editor -> BranchTable Editor).

Anatol D. Gutak

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost