AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another Migrate Specs question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
thebearjed
425 Views, 3 Replies

another Migrate Specs question

after installing Plant 3D 2013 i migrated my specs and catalogs from 2012. when i opened the specs to do some work on them i got this message...see attached...if i have already migrated the content why am i getting this message?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dave.wolfe
in reply to: thebearjed

Make a copy of the spec and extract it to a folder (it's a zip file).  Check for an editor folder.  Is there a file pointing back to the old catalogs?  You should be able to make it point to the new location and rezipped it.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 4

I have the same problem as "jedmxr" has. Dave, I don't understand your answer: The spec-files have the endings .pspc, .pspx, are these really zip-files? How to I extract them? How do I see to what cat-files the spec-files are pointing?   

Hans Peter Rietschle
Message 4 of 4

We discuss it a little bit in this post:

http://www.pdoteam.com/2012/02/setting-up-network-catalogs-for-autocad-plant-3d/

If I'm modifying them, I'll make a copy, and change the extension to .zip.  Then you can extract it.  If you use a program like 7Zip, it will extract the files without you having to modify the extension.

Inside the extracted files, there is an editor folder with contains a file (I think xml).  That xml has a path to the referenced catalog.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost