AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong flow direction arrow on isometric

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1538 Views, 6 Replies

Wrong flow direction arrow on isometric

Hi all,

Sometimes, i put a flow direction on my 3D drawing and when i edit an isometric it's drawn the wrong way. If i keep editing the isometric again and again it will turn the right way and then the wrong way. It seems to be sensless.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks,

Damien

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Dan.Scales
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Damien, Could you provide some more detail regarding what you edit in the model before the direction of the flow arrow flips? Also, could you confirm if you re-draw the pipe section that contains and flow arrow does the issue reoccur after making similar edits? Thanks, Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 7
Asimo5000
in reply to: Dan.Scales

This is a known issue and if you do a search you'll see people have this problem too.

The only fix is to flip it once the ISO is produced (in the 2D model)

Message 4 of 7
paragnewe
in reply to: Asimo5000

but this is not the solution on this...

hope, Autodesk will come up with valid solution very early.!! (If it is there, then please let us know. )

-Regards
Prag
Message 5 of 7
blorich
in reply to: paragnewe

The flow arrows insert in the direction you draw the pipe. If you drew the pipe west to east then the flow arrow when inserted will indicate flow is to the east.  I have found that if you then try to flip the arrow in the model and run an iso that it will still leave the arrow showing in the direction you drew the pipe.  There is no solution to this other than its best to draw pipe in the correct flow path.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: blorich

I agree with you Blorich when you say we have to draw the pipe in the flow direction. I think it might partially solve the problem.

However, it happened that when I was generating 10 times the same iso:

-7 times, the arrow was from east to west for example

-3 times, the arrow was from west to east

So...

Message 7 of 7
paragnewe
in reply to: Anonymous

i tried that way. 

sometimes it show same direction .. sometimes it shows revers. 

we can predict flow direction while extracting iso's for n number of times for same line.

this behaviour is unpredictable. 

Logically pipe routing should be from start to end.

but some times we don't know Start point (it might be in explicits somewhere)or some times we stuck up for any reason and at that time we have to route pipe from END position. 

AP3D should have that facility / flexibility to route line from both the ends (If Flow arrow is not working as per "reveres of pipe flow / in direction of  pipe flow")

-Regards
Prag

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost