AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write from Spec to Catalog

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dennis
552 Views, 5 Replies

Write from Spec to Catalog

Is there "a way" to write from the spec to make a catalog entry?  I have "lost" a catalog with a few customized entries, but the spec is still available with those entries.  So, I would like to repopulate from the spec to the catalog.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
eadkins73
in reply to: dennis

I have had this problem too.  I found that if I export the spec to the catalog builder I can then make a cataolg from that spec.  Then once I have, let say a PVC80 spec, then I can open the PVC80 catalog and Copy the item from there to say the pipes and fitting catalog.

One thing though, you have to turn on all the sizes for that part in the spec because the export will only see the sizes selected in the spec.

Ed 

Ed Adkins
EA2 Engineering
www.ea2eng.com
Message 3 of 6
dennis
in reply to: eadkins73

Welll....shoot.  I failed to mention I am developing specs right now for 2012.  Don't think the Catalog Builder will help me here.  Thanks for mentioning it though, will look forward to using it when my client goes up to 2013/14

Message 4 of 6
JohnHolder
in reply to: eadkins73

I am afraid of migrating to 2014.  all my spec's are custom - sch 40, hdpe, pvcu... i havn't build a sch 80 spec yet.

and going into 2013, I had to rebuild ALL of them since they just failed so bad.

That may have been caused by alot of the fittings were custom blocks, most are parametric models except for flush bushings - which have to be custom blocks unfortunatly.

not looking forward to redoing 4 specs if it comes down to it.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 5 of 6
Peter_Jansoone
in reply to: JohnHolder

there was a problem in the 2012-2013 conversion with custom blocks, but it was just because the blocks were niot copied in the correct location. If you would have copied them yourself to the correct location, you wouldn't have that problem ...

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Plant Design software consultant at Arkance Systems Belgium
Message 6 of 6
JohnHolder
in reply to: Peter_Jansoone

that fix did not work either.  I think it was a combination of issues.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost