AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish List AutoCAD Plant3D 2014

199 REPLIES 199
Message 1 of 200
ybogdanov
13561 Views, 199 Replies

Wish List AutoCAD Plant3D 2014

I turn to say the same like in the previous wish lists, and I hope that the developer team will help:

- Cable Trays for Plant 3D! It's imposible to design Industry Plant without this component.

- Better Ortho generation: auto dimensions, auto anotation, view hide pipes,...

- Any basic civil modelation (e.g. walls in 3D with special hatch pattern in ortho)

- Better structural modelation (the same like in Structural Detailing)

- Better P&ID integration on 3D, e.g. equipment list P&ID in 3D for insert it

Those functions now exist in AutoCAD MEP and Structural Detailing, I think that it will be good solution to integrate the same in Plant3D and convert it in the best Plant software. Because the integration between ASD, Plant3D and MEP it's not good, is not posible have all objects in the same database. It will be better,  to have all Plant solutions in the same softare and in the same database, where with one changing workspace you can design: structural, cable trays, pipes, civil, and after this generate ortho views with all details automatically, generate list of material,... 

For Plant Design Suite:

- Add in ultimate suite the Robot for calculation of structure (the same like in building design suite 2013)

With those changes the Plant3D will accelerate it integration in industry, and in few time will be the best and more usefull.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
199 REPLIES 199
Message 181 of 200
JohnHolder
in reply to: ybogdanov

Not sure if it has been mentioned... 

Sheet Set Manager working with P3D

as in sheet views, callouts etc.. 

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 182 of 200
jhamilton
in reply to: JohnHolder

That was a biggy on my list!
Message 183 of 200
jhamilton
in reply to: jhamilton

Another big one on my list.  Plant 3D needs to work in real world coordinates.  If you have a site that is rotated, and most are, you can input the piping, but your Iso's look terrible, or if you rotate the iso settings, the tags do not show up. 

Message 184 of 200
l_tony

Care to explain what you have said?

Message 185 of 200
Attila.Vallyon

Don't we want to close this thread and move on to the 2015 wishlist?

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 186 of 200
bmv1365
in reply to: bmv1365

30) Longer space for "line no tag" in HOME tab.

31) better Help

Message 187 of 200
Peter.Matthews

Hello

I would really like to see better layer managment when creating Ortho views. I find it really anoying that when you freeze/turn off layers during the ortho creation stage to get the view that you need (e.g. turn roof cladding and roof bracing off for plant views) it completly ignors what you have done and thaws/turns on layers. Surly fixing this must be simply?

Message 188 of 200
andrew_makhov

Please! Be more... MORE!!! informative in Command Line!

Use traditional AutoCAD rules for your commands: which command started, what will be modifed, confirm, WHAT WAS DONE!!!

Mute in command line makes me furious!

Example:

PLANTREGISTERCUSTOMSCRIPTS

AUDITPROJECT

PLANTAUDIT

and more, more... all from p3d team!

And it's for Command Line commands, what for commands which run from User Interface? The same, only worse! We can't see what command works now at all.

Be in AutoCAD.

Please!!!

Message 189 of 200
TheCadGuyDavid

Sheet sets are still not working? Wow.

I am in 2013. Do multiple olets still go way into eachother on the ISOs? It looks like a spiderweb over here. Sigh, back to the Isoconfig.xml. Plant 3D crew, we are not all programmers. Hopefully this 2014 is fixed in ISO generation. That is half the reason for using the program.

Sigh,

Disgruntled Piper

Message 190 of 200
reactor386

When a menu item is followed by a series of dots (...), there is a dialog box associated with that choice.

But not for P3D crew! Look at [Validate...] in Project Manager. I press that menu item and waiting for dialog with Cancel button, but with out any confirmation global process that saves many dwg's just will be started.

Message 191 of 200
l_tony
in reply to: reactor386

Easier 3D modelling. Eg:

• Make Class Panel so we don't need to scroll through ALL the elements back-and-forth in the vertical Tool Palette to add them to the line. Plus that I rarely use 5D Elbows and bends and take up space and distract from the primary fittings, also the vast amount of valves in a class is incredible and needs little buttons grouped by type or connection type in the Panel
  • Just move the Compass Panel on the bottom status bar and the Elevation&Routing and Slope Panels elswere to make room for the Class Panel
  • Make a special filter to hide/select/highlight ANY component(s) with a touch of a button (I will always remind of this) for fast routing, modifying, checking
  • Make the Layer Tab more accesible. I have to disable another Tab to make room for the Layer to be accessible
  • Make the Line Number box more visible and give it more space to see it's full name
Message 192 of 200
l_tony
in reply to: l_tony

Is it so hard to put a Hold Column in the spec editor while modifying the component properties? Eg: Try to put the schedule on a pipe, by sizes, but the spec only goes so far; so you have only a bunch of sizes from the whole package and need to scroll all the way to next house to reach the schedule column but you lost you way/your size by then....

It is also valid for the Data Manager, in fact it's valid everywhere there is a table, just like Excel has Freeze Columns.

Thank you.

Message 193 of 200
bmv1365

32)Collect source blocks of joint numbers.

In this way the leader lines will be deleted and there will be empty space.

For collect instruction, let user select that.

origanal.jpg

modified.jpg

Message 194 of 200
bmv1365

33)A mechanism for finding lines in iso drawing in project manager; something like “data grid view” with filter possibility.

How can I find a created iso while there more than one hundred lines in the plant; it seems Autodesk created this software for a plant with max 20 lines !

Message 195 of 200
bmv1365

34)In ortho, possibility to show some lines (slected by a property) as lines with special symbole in "line plan".
Message 196 of 200

Absolutely... in our case we receive P&ID's that are already drawn, it would be a considerable amount of double work or backtracking to implement the intelligent lines, just to model from a P&ID line list. It would be great if we could just hook it up to an excel sheet. and have it look up the line number.
Message 197 of 200
DiverDown
in reply to: puthumazha

How can software written in the last two years be this poor?

Autodesk have all the knowledge of Autoplant and Cadworx to pull on.

Off page connectors do not stay connected reliably and line connectivity won't register from one p&id to the next, spec writing is a minefield what with their being so many fields to change and view.

For a valve all that should be necessary to change is the size, rating, end code, and face to face dimension.

Valve operators don't stay connected, finding the field to change the operator type amongst all the other data is crazy (open Autoplant c. 2007 to see what a dialog box looks like), tie-ins don't list correctly on the line list, iso's don't split reliably.................

..................................................... the list is endless!

Message 198 of 200
CaveManCode
in reply to: DiverDown

The isogen drawings for sloped pipe also give grave errors, this is that it creates the isos but the angles are all about 45° and is no way near legible. This error is an internal error of the software development and was not corrected in 2014, for Mining and minerals piping this really defeats the object of using Plant 3D, as cant produce any Iso's???? We wish this could get fixed!

If a line is drawn too far from the world 0 location, this also creates connection problems on sloped pipe? The iso symbols also flip over incorrectly when the isos are produced. A great wish for this to be fixed as well.

Message 199 of 200
Vitornis

Single Line pipe ortho view generation.
Message 200 of 200
Bimrig

Section Box

A modulable section box to easier design piping inside of a building or structure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost