AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish List AutoCAD Plant3D 2014

199 REPLIES 199
Message 1 of 200
ybogdanov
13556 Views, 199 Replies

Wish List AutoCAD Plant3D 2014

I turn to say the same like in the previous wish lists, and I hope that the developer team will help:

- Cable Trays for Plant 3D! It's imposible to design Industry Plant without this component.

- Better Ortho generation: auto dimensions, auto anotation, view hide pipes,...

- Any basic civil modelation (e.g. walls in 3D with special hatch pattern in ortho)

- Better structural modelation (the same like in Structural Detailing)

- Better P&ID integration on 3D, e.g. equipment list P&ID in 3D for insert it

Those functions now exist in AutoCAD MEP and Structural Detailing, I think that it will be good solution to integrate the same in Plant3D and convert it in the best Plant software. Because the integration between ASD, Plant3D and MEP it's not good, is not posible have all objects in the same database. It will be better,  to have all Plant solutions in the same softare and in the same database, where with one changing workspace you can design: structural, cable trays, pipes, civil, and after this generate ortho views with all details automatically, generate list of material,... 

For Plant Design Suite:

- Add in ultimate suite the Robot for calculation of structure (the same like in building design suite 2013)

With those changes the Plant3D will accelerate it integration in industry, and in few time will be the best and more usefull.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
199 REPLIES 199
Message 161 of 200
bmv1365
in reply to: bmv1365

25)      Dimension from continuation part should be conformed dimension part in project setup.

25.png

25-1.png

Message 162 of 200
bmv1365

26)      Show key plan in orthographic.

27)      Faster iso creation, now it is not comparable to PDMS.

Message 163 of 200
J_Beshears84
in reply to: ybogdanov

My company uses Full threaded couplings in place of Half threaded couplings.  I have not found a way to make a full threaded coupling connect directly to a pipe.  It only wants to couple two pipes together like you would expect.  Also to be able to adjust how the full coupling attaches to the pipe.  We don't saddle the coupling it actually inserts down past the I.D. of the pipe 1/16" of inch.

Message 164 of 200
PeterQuinn

Thanks. We plan on doing this.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 165 of 200
PeterQuinn
in reply to: PeterQuinn

"We plan on doing this" refers to the request for reference dimensions. 

There's a lot of good feedback here. 

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 166 of 200
bmv1365

28)      “Weld Annotations” & “Weld Number” should be changed to “Joint Annotations” & “Joint Number”. P3D doesn’t number threaded joints. Let user to select which type be selected. And there is no field for numbering joint for threaded joint in model.

28.png

Message 167 of 200
bmv1365

29)      Show joint number are in connected line number (not in next sheet of iso) as existing item (management goals).

29.png

Message 168 of 200
tnka

General Scaling of P&ID Symbols.

Should be possible to change scale generally of P&ID symbols in project setup.

In some cases it is necessary to change the symbol scale for all symbols in a project.

If an A0 drawing or larger is to be printet on A3, symbols will become unreadble due to down scaling on the printer.

This can be solved by creating a field in: Project setup\General settings\Project Details where it is possible to type in a general scale factor for all P&ID symbols. Pls. see attachment.

I'm I the only one with this problem?

Message 169 of 200
puthumazha

is there any way to do valve numbering in different series in the P&ID?

ie, I need to number the all 6" gate valves in 100 series (ie; 101, 102, 103, ....10n) and 4"gate valves in 200 series, 3"in 300 series and so on.

Also i need to number the different types of valves in different series. (ie, gate valve in one series, check valve in other series, pressure relief valves in yet other series..)

if there's any solution, please help me. if there's no such option, i wish to add these possibilities in next version

Tags (2)
Message 170 of 200
l_tony
in reply to: puthumazha

How do you change the colors of the iso elements?

Eg.: I want to change the flages to be magenta and with a thicker lineweight. I can do this manually but not for each and every single iso created!!! Went to proj properties, iso settings - couldn't find  anything. went to edit symbol - couldn't find a color property.

Any help? Thanks.

Message 171 of 200
milan_blom
in reply to: l_tony

Go to your Project Setup - Isometric DWG Settings - Title Block and Display - Setup Tilte Block.

Choose 'Iso Themes'; Above right you go to layer settings and change the color of the appropriate layer.

Iso themes.jpg

Message 172 of 200
l_tony
in reply to: l_tony

Fount it! Almost...

In setup title block go to layers and choose the color and lineweight and other layer properties.

The weird thing: the Flanges are on the Valves layer, so they are linked...bullocks. I don't know where to separate the elements (what element goes to what layer).

Message 173 of 200
l_tony
in reply to: milan_blom

Thanks!

You were very fast with the answer. As I was discovering the solution and creating another question you succesfully answerred beforehad to the then unasked question. 🙂

Still need that uber-super-duper-filter though Autodesk!

Message 174 of 200
Gabriel.N

Hello,

I just got P3D 2013 version, is the 2014 released?

Is there some agreement to update to 2014?

Message 175 of 200
jhamilton
in reply to: Gabriel.N

Yes it is release I understand, but not the suite.
Message 176 of 200
CaveManCode
in reply to: Gabriel.N

Hi There

In the past the annual updates for Plant 3D have been released around
September each year

Not sure if that will or has been slotted in with the rest of the software
releases or annual updates.

In order to keep your software up to date there is an annual subscription
fee.

With this you will belong to the subscription center where you can also
receive assistance with your registered Autodesk products.

If you have purchased your software through an Autodesk vendor, you receive
the first annual update and subscription free?

Welcome to Plant 3D

Enjoy . . . Good Luck

Regards

Richard
Message 177 of 200
CaveManCode
in reply to: jhamilton

Hi

Make sure Autodesk also supplies you with the free case of "PLANT 3D DEBUG
SPRAY"

I guess we all hope that release 14 is a step ahead especially on the Iso
side

Cheers - LOL
Message 178 of 200
jhamilton
in reply to: CaveManCode

LOL, well considering it has only been out 3-years, having bugs is very understandable considering how far they have taken it.
Message 179 of 200
dave.wolfe
in reply to: CaveManCode

Begining with 2013, Plant 3d began releasing their new version on the AutoCAD release cycle (sometime in March/April) as has been noted, Plant 3D 2014 has been released, but the suites have not be updated yet.  

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 180 of 200
CaveManCode
in reply to: jhamilton

Aye

In considderation i agree with you

I have done a bit of .Net development in AutoCAD myself, Thumbs up to Plant 3D on their vision and layout of the package, glad i am not the one fixing the bugs LOL, a good competitive package for fast track projects - minerals and mining

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost