1. We have a plugin that does this: http://www.pdoteam.com/store/pdo-extended-fields/
4. Is a known issue and being worked on.
5. Whole heartedly agree.
7. You can - I need to write a blog post on it.
Addendum - Vault integration is available for subscription members as an extension. http://docs.autodesk.com/PLNT3D/2013/ENU/index.htm
eliszymanowski7369, about your point 7: check my post at Dave Tyner's site about this :
The attributes that can be used are defined in the Iso.atr which is in the same folder as the isoconfig. They are defined by setting the mappings in the title block (or manually by editing the files).
Hello! Created account just to give my input to future releases of Plnat 3D so please take note and correct me if I'm wrong. I am a fan of Autodesk Products and we need a change in softare where I work.
1***. We need a complex Highlight/Select Filter for ALL of the elements in the workspace. Currently you can only set in the settings that the lines be created on teir own layer OR that the Items be on their own layer etc. However if you switch back and forth between theese they loose their information. This is stupid. We work with Pllant 4D (Add-in to AutoCad/AutoCad Mechanical) here and there is a most beatifull filter: it allows me to select multiple lines, multiple items/elements and to Highlight/Select/Isolate. Great thing this is! At a push of a button I can isolate/select/highlight 3 or x no of lines, all of the valves, all of the elbows, all of the pumps etc AND swith back and forth, add/subtract from the filter whatever elemts I want. This is a valuable asset for any plant designer: to switch lines off/on, select things obscurred by floors/other elemets and do this quicly. Right click + select line it's almost useless and hard on the system. The little light bulb on the layer drives me nuts.
Tell me: how can I isolate one line, move it/modify it/ then revert back to my workspace provided that I already had a few layers off (like the platform jackets, the steel structure)? And don't throw me the group, save layer state or something like that, those are not practical at allll. Really, do I have to think about layer state saves instead of the actual process at hand?
Btw, CEA Plant4D is data based driven software. Is this better or worse for cad?
2**. We need ASAP easyer support creator!!! It's a hassle to create a support. Where is the simple U-Bolt with one/double nuts? Why do I have a Height and Width of the nuts instead of the stanrd M16/M10 etc? Or at least put this as an OR option for putting standard or custom nuts on the pipe support. Also it would be great if we could drag their heght. Custom support is just as block with a fancy tag.
3. About custom equipment has already been said alot.
4*. We need a middle point for Elbows so that we can place the elbow at the intersection of two lines and continue from that point onwards.
5. We need more isometric customisation, let me choose the model and the colour of the flanges.
6. We need a more easyer class creator (it's not complicated but very frustrating).
7. We could use some 3d dimensioning, that is always level with the screen for easy reading and location of equipment.
That is all, I think. I really, really like Plant3D to the Plant 4D that we use. could this be implemented, do you, Autodesk, have time to implement all of our request or the project leader only chooses a few from the lot?
Thank you for reading my very first Autodesk post.
I would like to be able to use the PnPID in the ISO metric as the "Item Number", imagine if when reviewing the ISO, you can look at the PnPID and then make an edit in an excel spread sheet (that has been exported from the data manager).
And it would make matching up the ISO to a full BOM generated by the Report Generator easier.
2 other ideas I have come up with in the last few days that would be great time savers are as follows:
1. After using PLANTEQUIPMENTCONVERT to convert some 3Dsolids/surfaces to a Plant3D equipment I would like to add nozzles and have them behave like nozzles on equipment created using the templates in PLANTEQUIPMENTCREATE. So far when i try to add nozzles on converted shapes there is no "graphic" of the nozzle and it is only assume to exist even though I pick the size, rating, and type, it never appears. All that shows up is a "+" to start routing pipe from. It would be nice if it acted like nozzles on other pieces of equipment.
2. I dont understand why that when in the spec editor and after adding a new part to a spec, for example a weldolet, and i want to hide some of the sizes (with the weldolets there are over 100 at least) I cannot ****/ctrl click and select multiple sizes at once to click the check box to hide. Currently I have to click every single box (maybe i only want 1 or 2 out of the 100). Either a "Select all" checkbox or the abilitly to highlight multiple sizes at once and check the box to hide them would save much time.
I really would like to have the ISO a multi thread tool ie:
When it has created a PCF file, start generating another PCF file (as it currently does) but also start to generate the final DWG (and/or spread sheets) so we can start to work with the end data more quikly.
How about a sequential preffix and suffix added to the PDF to generate. This is for printing a multi-sheet document; the PDF's will then be called 2"-ACM3A-...-ET_SH1, 2"-ACM3A-...-ET_SH2, 2"-ACM3A-...-ET_SH3. A suffix/preffix for print/publish will be much appreciated (for all autocad products) and if possible a button to create sequential numbers, like in 3DsMax. So the know-how exists, it was implemented and tested, it just needs porting.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register