AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish List AutoCAD Plant3D 2014

199 REPLIES 199
Message 1 of 200
ybogdanov
13559 Views, 199 Replies

Wish List AutoCAD Plant3D 2014

I turn to say the same like in the previous wish lists, and I hope that the developer team will help:

- Cable Trays for Plant 3D! It's imposible to design Industry Plant without this component.

- Better Ortho generation: auto dimensions, auto anotation, view hide pipes,...

- Any basic civil modelation (e.g. walls in 3D with special hatch pattern in ortho)

- Better structural modelation (the same like in Structural Detailing)

- Better P&ID integration on 3D, e.g. equipment list P&ID in 3D for insert it

Those functions now exist in AutoCAD MEP and Structural Detailing, I think that it will be good solution to integrate the same in Plant3D and convert it in the best Plant software. Because the integration between ASD, Plant3D and MEP it's not good, is not posible have all objects in the same database. It will be better,  to have all Plant solutions in the same softare and in the same database, where with one changing workspace you can design: structural, cable trays, pipes, civil, and after this generate ortho views with all details automatically, generate list of material,... 

For Plant Design Suite:

- Add in ultimate suite the Robot for calculation of structure (the same like in building design suite 2013)

With those changes the Plant3D will accelerate it integration in industry, and in few time will be the best and more usefull.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
199 REPLIES 199
Message 21 of 200
Jorgen1990
in reply to: dave.wolfe

What I meant was to be able to create orthos without getting the ortho dwg-s to Project Manager... because P3D often creates corrupted orthos (some lines missing, some valves cut half..) and I need to make multiple orthos to get a correct one and I don't want the Project Manager to be filled with trash orthos. Just like with ISO-s: you get to "test" the isos and dwg-s capability of creating isos correctly with quick iso command before creating the production isos.

Jörgen

Message 22 of 200
manuel
in reply to: ybogdanov

Integration with Vault would be a huge advantage, especially for projects with multiple users

Message 23 of 200
ybogdanov

Another important thing:

- Posibility to use catalog elements during CustomPart inserction.

- Posibility to use "Auxiliar SPECS" (like suports for example) which will be adapt to current spec.

The tarjet of this two solutionts is posibility to have one catalog of ALL Valves, and another catalog of ALL Instruments for example. And when I rute any pipe with spec CS300 for example and I want to insert any valve, it will be posible to insert valve from this "Auxiliar Spec" and this valve is necessary to adapt automatically to the current spec (CS300).

I think that there are projects that you don't know which type of valves you go to using. And may be there are 30 types of valves. That's why the better solution is not to have this elements in each spec.

One spec for valves and instruments, like suports spec.

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 24 of 200
Bimrig

I didn't understand all of your story but imo that's the reason for the "placeholder" option when inserting Custom part...

Afterwards, when the decision has been made, you can replace the placeholder with the defined valve.

Below is wat I meant...

Best regards,

Message 25 of 200
ybogdanov
in reply to: Bimrig

In custom Part menu is not posible to insert elements from catalogs directly, without using spec.

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 26 of 200
jeromecastaneda

What about creating Ducting, Transition bends, Ducting supports.

I hope this will be included.

http://engr.jeromecastaneda.com/
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” - Albert Pine
Message 27 of 200

Configurable automatic weld numbering

- Choose (part of) line to number

- Choose starting point

- Choose starting number

- Coose branches

For me as piping contractor consistent weld numbering through revisions is key, beacuse of welding tracability.

Welds on supports

Adding welds on supports like welded shoes and for things like shear lugs and weld eyes

Additional materials

Things like shear lugs that belong to the pipeline and you may want in the material list

Generation of 3D PDF

I am aware of the possibility to generate 3D DWFx and NWD files, but they require a viewer to be installed, which can be a problem for clients with regard to ICT restrictions.

DWFx can also work online with Autocad 360, but this requires registration for the client and the performance and functionality is limited (layers, viewpoints, animations, lighting, etc.)

Message 28 of 200
chad70811
in reply to: milan_blom

1)Please provide us with the ability to place reference points in a 3d model that will show up with dimensions on isometrics,  for example have it show reference dimensions from a column line to the center line of pipe?

2)Also please fix the insulation and grating display abilities in navisworks, currently they only show correctly in Navisworks if you export an .nwc from Plant3d 2013.

Message 29 of 200
MaxDeardorff

All,

This is great information - keep it coming.

Thank you,

-Max

Max Deardorff

Sr. Software Development Manager
ICP Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 30 of 200
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: chad70811

@chad70811 wrote:

1)Please provide us with the ability to place reference points in a 3d model that will show up with dimensions on isometrics,  for example have it show reference dimensions from a column line to the center line of pipe?

Seconded

it would be great if you could bring through a grid line to dimension to.

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 31 of 200
Rich.O.3d

snaked pipe run

when running HDPE in cable trays or over long distances,

due to its thermal expansion issues (it grow & shrinks with temp change quite considerably)

it is normal to 'Snake' the pipe usually providing a snaking table giving allowance at differnet installation temperatures

currently plant cant deal with this, the extra length has to be manually calculated and noted on the iso so the material doesnt get cut too short

not so much of an issue for smaller stuff atm, as its often site run, but with the trend being to do less and less site work and more shop spooled items, this will become an issue.

CAD Management 101:
Message 32 of 200
dzine14u

In regard to creating orthos: It would be nice to be be able to create orthos from an angle within your chosen model instead of the standard 6-sided method (right, left, top, bottom, etc). Often times things are at an angle and currently the only method I have found to capture those items straight on is to open the 3D model drawing, physically rotate the model, save, go back to your ortho drawing, create the ortho section, go back to the model drawing, rotate it back to it's original orientation, save, return to your otho drawing and pray that you don't have to update that particular ortho view and go through all of that again.

On larger 3D models this sequence can take nearly a half hour which is NOT highly productive.

Chuck Altmix
Lead Engineering Designer
Upper Consulting, Inc.
www.upperconsulting.com
Message 33 of 200
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: dzine14u

PLANT REPORT CREATOR should have a provision to select the line nos. to create a report. Presently there is no effective tool is there to filter. Filter option is not effective in this.

Message 34 of 200
dzine14u

I would like to see the addition of "intelligent" spouting, ducting and pneumatic conveying much the same as piping.  When you refer to "plant" type operations there is far more than just piping. You need all of the above to call P3D a complete package.

Chuck Altmix
Lead Engineering Designer
Upper Consulting, Inc.
www.upperconsulting.com
Message 35 of 200
ybogdanov

Modification of ISO Annotation in 3D. Now is imposible to change the messages. It was be good idea to create any Annotation Manager in the project, or add iso annotations in Data Manager.

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 36 of 200
jpeters

IFC Export

Message 37 of 200
PatrickByrne

Don’t lock the specs when the users have Plant 3d open. There is no benefit as the user can still change the specs once they are first in. It would be better to have this controlled on the network with permissions.

Message 38 of 200
PatrickByrne
in reply to: PatrickByrne

The ability to add or remove Bolts and Gaskets in the model without changing the connection type.

You often have special cases where you need to add bolts or gaskets which are separate from the connection type. For example we have HDPE pipe which does not require gaskets for connection between HDPE and HDPE but when we connect to steel it then requires gaskets. It would be nice to have the ability to add and remove the gaskets or bolts afterwards, maybe have a dialog box with gaskets and bolts listed with check boxes rather than having to change the connection type.

Message 39 of 200
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: PatrickByrne

Patrik

I deal with this by having a differnet end type for the poly stub flange (PFL)

so in joints

PFL - PFL = fastener only

PFL - FL = fastener + gasket

CAD Management 101:
Message 40 of 200
PatrickByrne
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Rotate valve actuator on its own axis.

When bringing in valves with the actuator, it would be good to get the option to turn the valve actuator on its own axis. At this stage you can rotate the valve which rotates the actuator but you cannot rotate the actual actuator.

For example Butterfly and Ball valves have lever actuators which at this stage can only be shown as open or closed there is no option to rotate the actuator itself.

This was a feature in CadWorx that worked very well and was easy to setup.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost