AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wafer Type valve without Gaskets

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Arun_Kumar_K
3144 Views, 12 Replies

Wafer Type valve without Gaskets

We need to model the Wafer type valve without gaskets as the wafer type valve is supplied along with lining (no need of gasket required in this condition), how to do it in Plant3d.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

make an end type, i use WFL (wafer lined)

set joint properties for FL to WFL to not have gasket

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 3 of 13
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Checked in Piping end connection, i couldn't find the end connection named WFL. Can u add a snapshot?

Message 4 of 13
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

you have to add the endtype...type PLANTENDCODES, you will be able to add new endtypes

once you have added it, then you go to project props and set up the joint type

CAD Management 101:
Message 5 of 13
atul_0775

dear sir

i am done all step in P3D but still wafer type valve come with gasket so pls. sugges me as soon as possible.

Message 6 of 13
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: atul_0775

your simple joints WaferFlanged and WaferWafer are conflicting, you havent actualy defined a joint for a flange to connect to a wafer.

your WaferFlanged joint should have 'End 1' as WFL and 'End 2' as FL

CAD Management 101:
Message 7 of 13
halitomi

But in this case there will be two bolt connections instead of the one which is the reality in case of wafer type connections. 

I have the exact same problem but can not really solve it this way.

Can you give me the method how to set a connection which "requests" wafer type bolts from the database?

Message 8 of 13
JameseeT3KVM
in reply to: halitomi

How do you get this end type into the catalog?

Message 9 of 13
halitomi
in reply to: JameseeT3KVM

Hello James,

I have a connection WFL in the project setup. This only requires bolt set, NO gasket! 

And in the catalog editor the butterfly valves are added with FL connection, with a special facing (I named it "D")!

I have created a bolt set in the spec editor with a "D" facing. This bolt set is having half the number of bolts required for the total wafer connection. So if for one butterfly valve I would need 4 bolts, then this bolt connection will require 2 bolts only. And because I have a bolt connection on each side, the total number will be fine.

This was the only method I found working if you want a butterfly valve connection, where there is no gasket.

Screenshot 2020-02-12 08.48.22.pngScreenshot 2020-02-12 08.49.20.png

Message 10 of 13

Same problem to me for wafer type connection 2 bolt set consider 

Message 11 of 13

any solution provide to me

Message 12 of 13

@mahadev_tambekarHA7JD when you make a new endcode you can add several options. When setting the option 'wafer like' a single bolt set will be added to a connection made with this end type. This way you omitt the bolt set from the fasteners when setting up the joint and your end result will be a single bolt set (because your end type is wafer like). If you set it as 'wafer like' and add a bolt set to the required fasteners for the joint, you'll end up with 3 bolt sets per connection.

Message 13 of 13

please provide any kind of video link or snap for bolt & stud setting for WF and normal FL type connection i Have facing some confusion for this .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost