I can't seem to find the NAVISWORKS wish list, but here is one big, huge thing that could help with workflow with AutoCAD Plant 3D:
Have Navisworks distinguish between overlayed and attached xrefs from AutoCAD, and then give the option to not load overlays. Right now, we need a way to cull the xrefs to make sure overlays don't come in, which is done with area xrefs.
This one change would make Switchback actually useful, and it would also make the selection tree a little more useful and organized (Given appropriate workflow, of course).
And before anyone brings up the Merge function... this is not helpful fo this problem, as NW will randomly select the file it wants to use; hence, again, making Switchback useless.
Wish List for Plant 3D 2015:
1. Pls bring back the function of page connector which can connect within the same page.
2. Make conversion of normal autocad drawing to P&ID easier. There is a Convert to P&ID object, but it has to many bugs in it.
1. Jacketed Piping
3. Cable Tray
4. Better performance of the software. IF you gonna create fancy tool, but the time to build it will take hour, i might as well use normal autocad. EG. Piping iso take several minutes just to create an iso.
5. We can control how many sheet the iso creates. AND if there is an error, the software can pinpoint the error in the 3D.
6.Leg, skirting for equipment.
7. New feature with less BUGS. Everytime i try to promote the new feature, somehow files will go corrupts or software go crashing.
8. Defaults spec with weights. Currently we can only create spec with weight from ASME catalog with weight. All default spec cant be used if we need weight in it.
9. Fix the synch between spec and catalog. If i change, anything in catalog and press update. Spec doesnt update. I have to remove item and add in back into spec.
10. Make a button where we can do any modify instead of going to .xml file to edit. Everytime, if my client need somthing fix, when i give the instruction to edit .xml file, it will be very difficult for them to understand. Not everybody is a programmer.
11. Conversion of Cadworx 2013 and 2014 spec.
That's all for now.
9, The break in linkage between your spec and catalogue happens when a spec and associated catalogue are copied and / or renamed. When I write specs and catalogues for customers I duplicate the catalogue to a customer subfolder before creating the customer specs. This ensures the link is retained. If I need to I can copy / paste content from other catalogues to this customer catalogue. email@example.com
Thanks Bruce for the remedy.
May I know , can we recreate the link?
Else, wishlist for Plant 3D 2015 possibility to relink spec and catalogue.
Hope that also, it's very important to linking with the specs, the reson is for any modification in the specs in the future can be change and just updat the modling as per the modification by command, by the way CadWorx 2013 &2014 cand do that issue
I am a Civil 3d user moving into the Plant 3d world. My emphasis will be creating ISO's / weld Maps to track fittings, piping, welds, etc. Is there a way to create a pipe and fitting table (like the pipe / structure tables in plant 3d) that will give me each individual fitting or pipe with length instead of 4" tee with a quantity. The reason being, when tracking these items in the field they have corresponding heat numbers which usually are different. I would like to be able to create a generated table of each component as an individual intity instead of a group of common components so that i can add this information to.
I know in Civil 3d this was done by using and modifying table styles but it looks like plant 3d is going to require me to go through and modify the xml file. Will Plant 3d be going to the style format at any time in the near future?
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register