AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WISH LIST AUTOCAD PLANT 3D 2015

91 REPLIES 91
Message 1 of 92
Arun_Kumar_K
8101 Views, 91 Replies

WISH LIST AUTOCAD PLANT 3D 2015

I would like to start to give work for the developers even before the official release. As I understood from the 2014, these are not available; please take the following in 2015 release:

1. Spec driven P&ID.

2. Per bid engineering ( for proposal purpose). The prices will be fed for all particular items in spec, in report creator, the costing should appear after multiplication with the quantity

3. Direct stress analysis link with any major softwares like CAESAR, CAEPIPE or Rohr2.

4. Basic civil shape intelligent for columns, footings, beams, windows, doors and staircase

5. Basic electrical intelligence for electrical cable trays, ducts etc.,

6. Custom parametric modelling of supports and equipment a as per user wish.

7. Display of coordinates for pipes in Navisworks.

8. Built-up section structural steel member creation and display of centr line of structural steel members in ortho view.

9. IS standard incorporation in steel catalog.

10. Steel structure report in Report creator
91 REPLIES 91
Message 81 of 92
VTU-REl
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Please, we need all Standards dished head as own option. DIN, ISO, ASME...... If you create a vessel you need sometimes different dished heads.
Who knows nothing has to do anything

Hard-working people aware of their surroundings fit.
Lazy people adapt their environment to itself.
Message 82 of 92
Ahmed1081975
in reply to: VTU-REl

Hi ,

I want Add with your future request regarding (Dishes)

1- Lugs For Tanks

2- Legs For vessles

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

Message 83 of 92
bmv1365

A mechanism for creating and generating tubes for hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication systems. 

Message 84 of 92

I can't seem to find the NAVISWORKS wish list, but here is one big, huge thing that could help with workflow with AutoCAD Plant 3D:

Have Navisworks distinguish between overlayed and attached xrefs from AutoCAD, and then give the option to not load overlays. Right now, we need a way to cull the xrefs to make sure overlays don't come in, which is done with area xrefs.

This one change would make Switchback actually useful, and it would also make the selection tree a little more useful and organized (Given appropriate workflow, of course).

And before anyone brings up the Merge function... this is not helpful fo this problem, as NW will randomly select the file it wants to use; hence, again, making Switchback useless.

Message 85 of 92

Wish List for Plant 3D 2015:

P&ID

1. Pls bring back the function of page connector which can connect within the same page.

2. Make conversion of normal autocad drawing to P&ID easier. There is a Convert to P&ID object, but it has to many bugs in it.

Plant 3D

1. Jacketed Piping

2. Ducting

3. Cable Tray

4. Better performance of the software. IF you gonna create fancy tool, but the time to build it will take hour, i might as well use normal autocad. EG. Piping iso take several minutes just to create an iso.

5. We can control how many sheet the iso creates. AND if there is an error, the software can pinpoint the error in the 3D.

6.Leg, skirting for equipment.

7. New feature with less BUGS. Everytime i try to promote the new feature, somehow files will go corrupts or software go crashing.

8. Defaults spec with weights. Currently we can only create spec with weight from ASME catalog with weight. All default spec cant be used if we need weight in it.

9. Fix the synch between spec and catalog. If i change, anything in catalog and press update. Spec doesnt update. I have to remove item and add in back into spec.

10. Make a button where we can do any modify instead of going to .xml file to edit. Everytime, if my client need somthing fix, when i give the instruction to edit .xml file, it will be very difficult for them to understand. Not everybody is a programmer.

11. Conversion of Cadworx 2013 and 2014 spec.

That's all for now.

Message 86 of 92
btrevena

Hi Sharon,

9, The break in linkage between your spec and catalogue happens when a spec and associated catalogue are copied and / or renamed. When I write specs and catalogues for customers I duplicate the catalogue to a customer subfolder before creating the customer specs. This ensures the link is retained. If I need to I can copy / paste content from other catalogues to this customer catalogue. info@cadgroup.com.au

Bruce

Message 87 of 92
sharonleong8985
in reply to: btrevena

Thanks Bruce for the remedy.

May I know , can we recreate the link?

Else, wishlist for Plant 3D 2015 possibility to relink spec and catalogue.

Regards, 

Sharon

Message 88 of 92
Ahmed1081975

Hi All,

Hope that also, it's very important to linking with the specs, the reson is for any modification in the specs in the future can be change and just updat the modling as per the modification by command, by the way CadWorx 2013 &2014 cand do that issue 

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

Message 89 of 92

Please ad this to the Wish List:

For Reporter to creat: Line list, Equipment List, Instrument List for the 3D model.

Message 90 of 92
sannese
in reply to: evadmoore

I am a Civil 3d user moving into the Plant 3d world. My emphasis will be creating ISO's / weld Maps to track fittings, piping, welds, etc.  Is there a way to create a pipe and fitting table (like the pipe / structure tables in plant 3d) that will give me each individual fitting or pipe with length instead of 4" tee with a quantity.  The reason being, when tracking these items in the field they have corresponding heat numbers which usually are different.  I would like to be able to create a generated table of each component as an individual intity instead of a group of common components so that i can add this information to.

I know in Civil 3d this was done by using and modifying table styles but it looks like plant 3d is going to require me to go through and modify the xml file.  Will Plant 3d be going to the style format at any time in the near future?

Message 91 of 92
eskisa0100

P&ID:

Please make it possible to place flanged valves flange to flange.  Having that little stub in there really messes things up.  I have created some of my own combos, but would be nice if there was an option to be able to do this.

Also, maybe there is already a way to do this but I can't figure it out...  is there a way to change the justification on the Origin or Desitination field on the Off Page Connectors?  If not, please make this an option.  The one's heading into the page work ok, but if it is going off the page and the destination name is long, I have to add text on a 2nd and/or 3rd line sometimes. 

Thank you.

Message 92 of 92
Slepe

1. Possibility to show pipeline start and end or something to show flow direction automaticaly. Also isometric start point should start from 1 page and stop to last page. Now isometric makes drawings depending how pipe has been made and jumps from page to page

2. Better system for making supports (primary and secondary). Now you make numbering for primary support in model nad makes secondary support with Plant or in our case with Tekla. There should be something how to connect these and also how it makes ortho drawings from secondary support. Now those can't be done with Plant efficently. I dont't want to use basic otho drawing for secondary support because its slow and I have to find every support separetly.

3. Possibility to make drawings list from ortho drawings

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost