AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WISH LIST AUTOCAD PLANT 3D 2015

91 REPLIES 91
Message 1 of 92
Arun_Kumar_K
8115 Views, 91 Replies

WISH LIST AUTOCAD PLANT 3D 2015

I would like to start to give work for the developers even before the official release. As I understood from the 2014, these are not available; please take the following in 2015 release:

1. Spec driven P&ID.

2. Per bid engineering ( for proposal purpose). The prices will be fed for all particular items in spec, in report creator, the costing should appear after multiplication with the quantity

3. Direct stress analysis link with any major softwares like CAESAR, CAEPIPE or Rohr2.

4. Basic civil shape intelligent for columns, footings, beams, windows, doors and staircase

5. Basic electrical intelligence for electrical cable trays, ducts etc.,

6. Custom parametric modelling of supports and equipment a as per user wish.

7. Display of coordinates for pipes in Navisworks.

8. Built-up section structural steel member creation and display of centr line of structural steel members in ortho view.

9. IS standard incorporation in steel catalog.

10. Steel structure report in Report creator
91 REPLIES 91
Message 21 of 92
dgorsman
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

The downside to an all-in-one product is a lack of focus and limited development resources.  The end product would be a bloated, massive program leading to excessive bugs and users complaining that it doesn't do structural design as well as Revit, or mechanical design as well as Inventor.

Better for the program to focus on what isn't already avaialble - process piping design - with the basics for the other disciplines, and leave the focused, detailed design use to the programs which are already available and designed specifically for those users.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 22 of 92
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: dgorsman

Not asking for complete detailing in one software. This plant 3d is for piping, and all sort of things required in piping, the software should perform. For bent pipe, there is no need to go with inventor if the feature is available here. Need shape intellengency for RCC, cable tray and ducts in plant 3d space. If I need detailing only I should use other softwares. Presently I am not able to annote any columns of my RCC columns and beams in ortho.
Message 23 of 92

- using EN(Din) flanges and valves in ASME piping system

- weld numbers changing after generate new iso (after piperouting update)

existing weldnumber should be still the same as in older revision

- need more settings for proper dimensioning piping on isometric.

- posnr. and weldnr. arrows pointing into space and not to the location they should

(for general, we still need a lot of manual changing on isometric)

- still have problems with stud bolt length (120 mm - 120.69 mm .....)

Message 24 of 92
ybogdanov
in reply to: hendriksegveld

In case of use DIN or EN flanges and valves, it's possbile to use it in ASME pipings. You need alow metric-imperial connection and modify match properties of connection (delet facing restriction)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 25 of 92
ybogdanov
in reply to: ybogdanov

- Add option "ALL CHECK OUT" in ISOS for Vault Plant3D project. Now is imposible to regenerated all isos with production iso without doubling iso files.
Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 26 of 92
dave.wolfe

Bump.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 27 of 92

Include P&ID "Title block and display\Setup title block" template in the project settings.

After all that is the only drawing template what is not included yet (ISOs ans orthos are already)

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 28 of 92

And a leader to the ortho annotation would be nice!

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 29 of 92
l_tony
in reply to: dgorsman

Easier 3D modelling. Eg:

• Make Class Panel so we don't need to scroll through ALL the elements back-and-forth in the vertical Tool Palette to add them to the line. Plus that I rarely use 5D Elbows and bends and take up space and distract from the primary fittings, also the vast amount of valves in a class is incredible and needs little buttons grouped by type or connection type in the Panel
  •  
  • Just move the Compass Panel on the bottom status bar and the Elevation&Routing and Slope Panels elswere to make room for the Class Panel
  •  
  • Make a special filter to hide/select/highlight ANY component(s) with a touch of a button (I will always remind of this) for fast routing, modifying, checking
  •  
  • Make the Layer Tab more accesible. I have to disable another Tab to make room for the Layer to be accessible
  •  
  • Make the Line Number box more visible and give it more space to see it's full name
Message 30 of 92
PatrickByrne
in reply to: l_tony

I asked for these for 2014 with no luck, I will ask again and see what happens. At least fix the bug in the Line to Pipe command.

Stop locking the specs when a user has Plant 3D is open.

Bug with Line to Pipe on sloping lines. For example a pipe falling at 3 degrees and dropping vertical. Using the Line to Pipe it will draw the pipe and bends, but the bends are incorrect and are drawn in at 90 degrees instead of 87 degrees.  The danger here is that it does not show up as a problem. The way around this is to set the variable PLANTSLOPETHRESHOLDANGLE variable to 0 and use the Route Pipe command. Bends between 90.1 and 96 degrees are also a problem.

Rotate valve actuator on its own axis. When bringing in valves with the actuator, it would be good to get the option to turn the valve actuator on its own axis. At this stage you can rotate the valve which rotates the actuator but you cannot rotate the actual actuator. For example Butterfly and Ball valves have lever actuators which at this stage can only be shown as open or closed there is no option to rotate the actuator itself.

Annotate the pipe line number. We create our arrangement drawings by using xrefs of our steelwork and pipework models, these are very large and contain Prosteel objects. At this stage we will not be using Plant 3D orthographic views. It would be good if Plant 3D could do this by retrieving the line number, or tag information from the xref model and placing it in Paperspace.

Add expansion joints as a Plant 3D piping component, they are a common pipe line item. Presently I have to make a custom block for each size.

Isometric start point. We need to be able to specify which end of the pipe is the start point so that the spool number goes the correct way.

Speed up Isometric creation.

It would be good to allow the Matching Pipe OD, End Type and Facing to be altered in the spec. Apart from the geometry of the part the rest should be changeable in the spec. I have a case where I am using the same valve but with different end types. One spec requires bolts while the other spec has the bolts supplied by the supplier. To achieve this I have to create two catalog items with the same geometry but different end types. If I was able to change it in the spec I would only need one catalog item. In regards to the Matching Pipe OD I would like to have the catalog correct but be able to change it in the spec. I am using a joint setting with the Matching Pipe OD as the property match. This way I can use a DN200 valve on a DN200 and DN225 pipe line.

Part use priority. It would be good to have the ability to set the part use priority for a series of sizes and not have to do each size individually.

We need the ability to Mitre pipe.

In Plant 3D when you hover over a pipe it says that it is a pipe, if you hover over anything else for example bends, flanges, valves etc., it says that it is a Pipe Inline Asset which is not very helpful. I would like to see the Long Description (Size), other users might like to see the Long Description (Family), either way it would be good to have an easy way to set up what is shown when we hover over a pipe, valve etc. You should also be able to get the information from piping components in an xref. From past experience this is an extremely useful feature

When the Isometrics are created it is notified in the Status Bar Tray. We usually have the variable Traynotify turned off since we don’t want to be notified each time a plot is created, but this also turns off the notification of the isometrics. Would it be possible to separate these two notifications?

Standardise the Plant 3D Catalog format so that they work with all releases or make available a convertor for saving to earlier releases. Presently you have different content packs available for different releases but the newer ones cannot be used by earlier releases. It is also a bit of a pain Migrating specs and catalogs for each version.

Add weights to your catalogs. Create and ASME catalog for Stainless Steel and Carbon Steel, this covers most situations. Create an ASME Metric catalog. I know it is based on imperial sizes but I like to keep all of the catalogs used in the project Metric.

It would be good if the data manager in the drawing had all the information available from the database including Line numbers, file names plus when you have “Current Drawing Data” selected that it also gives you the option to select xref’s in that drawing. This way you could get a quick MTO without having to select the drawings in the Report Generator. CadWorx had a really simple way of getting MTO's. With a few clicks you could export a Bill of Material into Excel, Access, text or html from objects in the current drawing including xref's. You could select by line number or select the models, there was no need to worry about the Database or Report generator.

Layer and Color settings: We use the settings Assign layer by Spec and Assign color by Layer. I need to be able to set the color of the layer is this dialog as well, therefore when it creates the new layer it also gives it the correct color. At the moment it creates a new layer with the spec name but sets the color to white, this means I either have to have the layers already present in the drawings or set the color afterwards.

Stub flange: We use a lot of poly pipe with stub flanges and backing rings. I don’t mind having to select the backing ring to put them in the model but if I later erase the pipe it should not erase the stub flange as well. They are actual items that would be better treated like a WN flange and not a connector. In reality they can be welded back to back and this should be allowed in Plant 3D.

When I use Line to Pipe command it erase’s the construction lines, unless I say don’t erase during the command. Can we have this as a variable so I can keep the construction lines all the time if needed.

We do a lot of stubins at unusual angles, in Plant 3D it is hard to make that connection to the exact spot you want, it would be great to model the pipe to the intersection of construction lines and then say connect to pipe, this can waste a lot of time making simple connections.

To get gaskets and bolts on the end of a pipe run you have to add a piece of equipment, which is fair enough but I could then not get it to do what I needed. I want to be able to xref in equipment and toggle on the gasket and bolts without converting anything to equipment. It would be good if I had the option to turn the Gaskets and bolts back on.

Message 31 of 92
EricNyh

Annotation and leaders that follow the DIMSTYLE settings. Stacked fractions in the annotations.

Message 32 of 92
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: EricNyh

Fixing of Bug in Ortho view for Plates. Presently if we put plate in plant space from structural member, the placement in ortho view comes wrong.

Message 33 of 92
ybogdanov

- In isometric generation it's necessary to add possibility create reference objects and write dimensions to them. For example, any structure column.

- Posibility to hide lines groups in ortho views. For isometric-ortho generation of only 1 line.

- Mark objects of P&ID Line List (in 3D) which are already inserted.

- Revise order of inserted objects from P&ID line with 3D design

- "Search object" function in 3D, to localitzate this element in P&ID. And the same but vice versa, find object in 3D from P&ID.

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 34 of 92
dennis

I would like the ZoomTo featue actually work all the time. Example: if i place equipment in a maximized viewport, then minimize, the ZoomTo doesn't know where to go...as well, if I am on the model tab, then back to the layout tab, again ZoomTo will not go to the right place.  I have even focused on always being on the layout tab and not maximize the vp, but still the ZoomTo will not work unless I go to the model tab.  

Message 35 of 92
bmv1365

Hi,

I sent a lot of common for 2014,but now I have to repeat them for 2015,I hope not to repeat them for 2016 release !!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A)Showing distances from columns (including axes label) and nearest lines including line number labelled with a schematic part like continuation part and also points chosen by user

Message 36 of 92
bmv1365
in reply to: bmv1365

B)Showing angle of cut back elbow in iso [let user to specify a term instead of “cut back elbow” in BOM].

Message 37 of 92
bmv1365

C)Possibility to specify a Dim Style for rotation angles (rolling offset).For example PDMS doesn’t use rotation angles .it uses a simple leader just puts angles(not cut back elbow) in a rectangle.

Message 38 of 92
bmv1365

D)Adding expansion joint and reducer flange to default catalog and spec.

E)Create support detail including BOM and all relative queries.

F)In spec editor, half couplings sit in coupling category and it is not correct, it should be in olet category and also half couplings split iso so this should be repaired.

G)It’s possible to export/import created spec to a spread sheet but the problem is about multi-port fittings like tees & red & …  .it doesn’t covers all properties about second/third , … port. for example it is not possible to specify SCH for second port of TEEs in exported spread sheet and editing in data grid view prepared by spec editor is so painful; The offer: possibility to export/import category to spread sheet individually.

H)I remember it isn’t possible to show “up sch” and “down sch” for tee and reducer in P3D 2013 so this should be repaired.

I)Possibility to specify a string type for weld number in P3D model.

Message 39 of 92
bmv1365

J)Determine a command to specify weld number, spool number, field/shop weld based on a particular procedure (let user to select) for example start from a special point and meets the header then riser weld dots or using position of user cursor .it is so painful to ctrl+right click the weld dots and modify fields mentioned above in properties pallet.

K)P3D tries to stretch the pipes to cover “draw area” so it often splits iso and make it bad. More genius and faster iso creation needed.

Message 40 of 92
bmv1365

L)Possibility to specify a property of an object HOLD or REV. and this should be reflected in all relative queries for example in iso creation the property of this item should be shown in cloud labeled HOLD for Hold property. And so on for report creator.

M)Insulation symbol used in P3D isn’t good it doesn’t show insulation limit .it is better to use something like PDMS. And insulation limit should be shown like spec break.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost