AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victaulic Spec and Content in 2014

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
pata825
1681 Views, 13 Replies

Victaulic Spec and Content in 2014

Has anyone had any luck migrating the victaulic spec that was released on the plant exchange site for Plant 2012? I am trying to get it up in 2014 and although it says it migrates correctly it still wont open in 2014 and says that it still needs to be migrated. If someone has been successful with this it would be asesome if you could at least post the catalog, otherwise walk me through the steps of migrating it correctly.

thanks,

Pat

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
rajsekarpillai
in reply to: pata825

Hi Pat,

Can you please send some snap shots of the errors that you see on when you open the migrated Victualic catalog?

Have you opened the right migrated catalog from the following location? It should be either "C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 Content\Migrated Content 3_0" or "C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 Content\Migrated Content 4_0"

let us know your findings in detail.

Thanks & Regards,

S. R. Rajasekaran
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 14
pata825
in reply to: rajsekarpillai

I actually got it figured out. It turns out it was in that migrated content 3.0 folder. I had accidentally put a copy of the Victaulic catalog in my 2014 content as well. Problem solved!

Thanks,

Patrick Alonzo
Message 4 of 14
john_marshall

I'm having a similar issue with Vic-IPS spec in Plant3D 2014.  I migrated the spec in the 2013 version and it worked perfectly.  Now, I re-downloaded the Victaulic content pack into C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 Content and opened spec editor 2014.  I migrated the specs and they appeared into C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 Content\Migrated Content 4_0.  Then I copied them over to the spec sheet folder on the specific project I'm working on.  When I select the spec in P3D 2014, it tells me I need to migrate the spec (which I already did).  However, when my colleague selects it, the Vic tool pallete pops up.  He gets an error about end connections not matching, however both the inserted elbow and pipe are GRV ends when looking under the properties. 

John Marshall

Message 5 of 14
Asimo5000
in reply to: john_marshall

Either add a new joint setting for victaulic grooved ends and remove pressure class as a setting, or you see the defaultconnectors file, that also has that same thing set or modify the default clamped joint and remove pressure class.

For your  migration problems, all the specs that give errors, make sure everyone is offline --> Open each spec one by one in spec editor and hit save, even if unchanged. Make sure you see the pspc and pspx files in the spec folder. Once this is done next launch everyone should have no issues.

Message 6 of 14
mcarlton71
in reply to: Asimo5000

how can i get the victaulic catalog or cpak?  i can not find it anywhere online to download

Message 7 of 14
rajsekarpillai
in reply to: mcarlton71

We are currently working on the Victaulic Catalog update and it will be uploaded to Autodesk Apps store when it is ready.

Thanks & Regards,

S. R. Rajasekaran
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 14
mcarlton71
in reply to: rajsekarpillai

thanks, do you have an estimate of when that will be available?

Message 9 of 14
rajsekarpillai
in reply to: mcarlton71

Probably in ~3 months time and we try to expedite it.

S. R. Rajasekaran
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 14
Peter_Jansoone

Will there also be a metric version ?

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Plant Design software consultant at Arkance Systems Belgium
Message 11 of 14

metric version it's very important

hope considring the next release

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

Message 12 of 14
PeterQuinn
in reply to: Ahmed1081975

Can you explain why you need a metric version? The program will convert lengths and map nominals automatically based on the project units.The only reason I can think of is that you prefer to check the catalog against a metric version of the Victaulic supplied catalog.

Is that the reason, or is there some other?

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 14
Ahmed1081975
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Hi Peter,

There are Different to start project in metric or Inch, it’s just units of the drawing no more, so

The metric Pipes are Different OD (outside Diameter) for example

2" Pipe size the OD is 60.3 MM & 63 MM in metric

3" pipe size the OD is 89 MM & 90 MM in metric

4" pipe size the OD is 114.3 MM & 110 MM in metric

6" pipe size the OD is 168.3 MM & 160 MM in metric, ..............

Hope is cleared you question 

Regards,

Message 14 of 14
rudagui
in reply to: Peter_Jansoone

soy nuevo en plant 3d 2014.

i want to add the Cpack victaulic to the  tools palette?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost