AutoCAD Plant 3D General

Mentor
attila_vallyon
Message 1 of 6 (376 Views)

Valves on wrong layer

376 Views, 5 Replies
03-19-2012 04:14 AM

Hello!

Sometimes the valves go on wrong layer. Even if I change the layer of the valve after I isolate that layer the valve disappears. If it would be on different layer. I have to use BEDIT command to edit the valve block, delete the 3D model an replace a new one with 0 layer.

The 3D solid of a valve has to be on 0 layer within the block. But the P3D assign different layer within the block to that 3D solid.

Is it a bug?

Can it be fixed?

Regards,

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
*Expert Elite*
dave.wolfe
Message 2 of 6 (367 Views)

Re: Valves on wrong layer

03-19-2012 06:40 AM in reply to: attila_vallyon

You can access layer settings for Plant 3D by going to PROJECTSETUP, Plant 3D DWG Settings > Layer and Color Settings.

Have you set up your layers like you want them to be through this dialog?

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

ECAD, Inc.
Tips and Tricks on our blog: Process Design, from the Outside

A P3D Authorized Reseller
Mentor
attila_vallyon
Message 3 of 6 (361 Views)

03-19-2012 08:15 AM in reply to: dave.wolfe

Actually I turned off this feature a long time ago.

I made those custom made valves with custom geometry. Maybe the problem was with the 3D solids. I changed all line properties of the solid (color, linetype, lineweight, material) to ByBlock. Hopefully I won't have this kind of problem anymore.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Valued Contributor
milic.srdjan
Message 4 of 6 (344 Views)

03-20-2012 04:09 AM in reply to: attila_vallyon

We have the same problem. From my experiences in AutoCAD I think that is something with block creation, In catalog with valves.

In our project, problem is with check valves.

I have idea that We must change block with this type of valve directly in folder with block for Plant ...

I must test...

Srdjan.

P.S. idea with layer codification is good, but it seam that doesn't work with some type of valves.

Mentor
attila_vallyon
Message 5 of 6 (323 Views)

03-21-2012 12:57 AM in reply to: milic.srdjan

Yes, the problem with the valves only. The fittings and tubes are OK.

I realised that the P3d assigns the pipeline layer within the 3D block to the 3D solid when I insert a new valve. But if I insert the same type and size valve on a different line the layer of the valve solid within the block remains the same. That is the problem.

Maybe if I insert a valve on the 0 layer the P3d won't assign different layer.

I will try.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Mentor
attila_vallyon
Message 6 of 6 (288 Views)

05-27-2012 02:35 AM in reply to: attila_vallyon

In the meantime I found a solution.

Be on the "0" layer always when routing a pipe or inserting a valve block. The software will change the layer automatically according to the line number.

And when create a new inline element in the cataloge based on custom dwg geometry  set everything to "By block".

Regards,
Attila Vallyon

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community