AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Vault 2014 with Plant 3D

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1029 Views, 2 Replies

Using Vault 2014 with Plant 3D

Hi, 

My company recently purchased Plant 3D. We are currently training and hoping to use it on a new project soon. 
We are also currently looking at Vault to manage our data. Being new to Vault & Plant its all a bit over whelming but im sure we will get there. Is anyone currently using Plant in the Vault environment? How is it working out?

In an ideal world we want to use Vault instead of say a project centre or acconex web based system to run projects and store our data. Is anyone using it for this purpose. I know this question is quite broad and not specific but before we go down the road of spending lots of money on Vault Professional I want to be satisfied it will do what we are after. 

Im planning on installing vault basic (client and server) on my local PC tomorrow to trial the software. I have old projects (not in the plant 3d project folders) that i plan on uploading, including previous versions etc to see how it all works. If anyone wants to discuss their own experiences on this topic id love some feedback. We are in a design and construct environment (not product/manafacturing)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
VinodBalasubramanian
in reply to: Anonymous

We have started integrating Plant 3D with Vault from the last release 2013. We are currently in 2014 release and below documentation gives you a detailed explanation of utilizing vault with Plant 3D.

http://docs.autodesk.com/PLNT3D/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesPSU/GUID-3CBDB407-8051-413F-8B47-91FA42...

Video on Plant with Vault,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhL9szvzADE

Hope this information is useful for you on setting up your projects. 

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 3

Hi,

Is Plant 3D 2014 compatible with Vault Basico 2014?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost