AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Wish List

43 REPLIES 43
Message 1 of 44
philip
1756 Views, 43 Replies

User Wish List

Not to sure if the powers that be will look at this or not, but thought I would start a user "Wish List" with ideas/thoughts/wishes on how to improve Plant 3D.

Ideas should be hopefully new or improvements on items not pointing out errors in current program. (hopefully AUGI will pick this up at some stage or maybe the community Autodesk is talking about).

Ideas like this.

Cable Trays/Ladders ( working similar to pipes)
43 REPLIES 43
Message 2 of 44
FProcp
in reply to: philip

2 - Ability to create proper views from the 3D-model that update automatically when you change the 3D-model.
Franco
GMT +08:00
Message 3 of 44
Anonymous

Frank,

We've heard this from the first time we presented Plant 3D publicly. It's
one of the top things on our to do list for future versions.

We're also interested in doing something specific for cable tray.

wrote in message news:6305517@discussion.autodesk.com...
2 - Ability to create proper views from the 3D-model that update
automatically when you change the 3D-model.
Message 4 of 44
philip

Items added to a existing line no matter which status it is demolition/existing/new the item being added takes on the status. also if possible a drop down so you can selected the status of the item you are drawing (maybe in the Part Insertion area of the ribbon) Edited by: philip@cosl.co.nz on Jan 7, 2010 1:23 PM
Message 5 of 44
philip

The ability to convert a line / polyline / 3Dpolyline to a pipe run. Edited by: philip@cosl.co.nz on Jan 7, 2010 1:22 PM
Message 6 of 44
philip

Have the isogen line number select window to display line numbers alphanumeric not just random/drawn order. Edited by: philip@cosl.co.nz on Jan 7, 2010 1:21 PM
Message 7 of 44
philip

Ability to "inline" equipment ie. any item can have a line number added to it, currently isogen breaks isos at user equipment. (unless i'm doing something wrong LOL) even if isogen auto selects "Non Category Item - NC**" as the iso icon. Edited by: philip@cosl.co.nz on Dec 30, 2009 2:32 PM
Message 8 of 44
philip

I have noticed if you supply a tag number to a valve all is good until I change the valve size and the tag resets to ?-? it would be nice for the valve to maintain the Tag number even if pipe/valve size changes. (time consuming having to work your way back though the tags to reenter the tag information).

We use a Type-Number tag system ie. V-0123 (Valve number 0123)
Message 9 of 44
philip

I think i might of seen this somewhere else, but the ability when creating Custom parts

Valves to be able to select the valve body type not just "Valve , Box or Cylinder" but the likes of Check, Ball etc
Strainers the ability to choose between Y & Basket

and also the ability to choose end type easily ie screwed , flanged or welded (drop down selection)
Message 10 of 44
abilioramos

The ability to convert a solid to a valve, like the equipment uses.

But for valves should be other parameters where you can select the valve properties like:

Body type
Actuator
Hand whell
Flanged
WF
etc...

You can see in the images there is a valve solid from the manufacture but there is no properties. It will not show on ISOGEN.
Message 11 of 44
philip

A "Zoom to" button in the "Assign Tag" dialog box so when you are looking through the Data Manager and come across an unassigned tag you can double click on it to bring up the "assign tag box" and then zoom to the location of the item for quick assigning instead of having to find the X,Y & Z location in the data manager then having to manually finding the item.
Message 12 of 44
damian_willcox

Hi there,

In Data Manager, you should be able to click in the empty cell of the magnifying glass column for the component row you want and that will zoom in on the component in the model. The magnifying glass icon will need to be selected in the Data Manager toolbar also for this to work.

Hope that helps,
-damian

Damian Willcox
Sr. XD Architect
Message 13 of 44
philip

Thanks for that i was picking & double picking everywhere else (blond moment there and yes i can say that as i am/was a natural blond LOL more salt&pepper now)
Message 14 of 44
DJPiper

(aside from the ortho generation) a tool that can convert any 3d objects on active file, xref file, Model space and Paperspace (viewports).
just like cadworx have (2D rep command). very helpful when creating a quick detail of certain objects or area
Message 15 of 44
philip

I would be nice to have something like the Drape command in Autocad Architectural to allow forming of ground. (I cross graded from Architectural and am missing this method of forming ground from contours.)
Message 16 of 44
philip

the lock option is nice to use on pipes, but would be nicer if you could alter state of lock/unlock under properties (also could be it possible to see locked items and items "locked" due to locked items being grayed out (similar to xrefs or locked layers)?.
Message 17 of 44
philip

The ability to find and zoom to open/disconnected items and move to next items (similar to find command for text) and maybe a way to tag open items as okay as being open so next time you search it skips over these items?????
Message 18 of 44
philip

Would be nice to have Hide/Isolate working with non Plant items also. (3D solids, blocks etc) Edited by: philip@cosl.co.nz on Jan 21, 2010 4:41 PM
Message 19 of 44
reactor386

Hi,
I mean better way will be include some Display Representation Tools like [DisplayManager] in Architecture, to draw pipe and pipe asset by 1,2 or 3 line.
And please include more 2D tools, for example, quick pipe axes etc.
Message 20 of 44
daydayup

ability to connect each other when pick some pipe fittings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost