AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Wish List for 2012

86 REPLIES 86
Message 1 of 87
sreid13
11671 Views, 86 Replies

User Wish List for 2012

Just thought it is a good idea to start this thread seems with the previous thread 'User wish list' most of the ideas were implemented in version 2011. So if anyone wants any improvements or added features here is the place to have your say.

- To be able to get female threaded connections in the equipement creator.

- The ability to insert a block that has an assembly of parts. For example we use various risers for gas, oil and water and they are all standard assemblies. So it would be easier to have a directory of risers so we can just insert a block and be able to move it wherever it is needed and still be able to connect to it unlike xrefs, which need to be on 0,0,0.

Regards,

Scott

86 REPLIES 86
Message 61 of 87
PeterQuinn
in reply to: Vic87

Vic87,

Can you explain more of what you're looking for in item 1? What kind of annotation do you need, or is it more of a behavior for the annotation when ediing?

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 62 of 87
H.P.Rietschle6654
in reply to: sreid13

The following is important for me:

- Ortho Annotation: The possibility to switch the unit between millimeter or inch in metric projects.

- Copy settings from existing project: The options to specify unit settings should be selectable. 

Hans Peter Rietschle
Message 63 of 87
bogdanov.y

1. In Spec Editor is necessary to add thats components in the menu of "Create New Component" of "Use Plant 3D Parametric Graphics":

- Pipe (cylindrical and rectangular)

- Clamp (There is in CustomParts Metric Catalog but is imposible to create in other catalog)

- Stub-End (for Lap flange)

- Bolt set

2. Another thing, is posibility to copy parts from one catalog to another (when two catalogs are opened for example).

Message 64 of 87
Vic87
in reply to: PeterQuinn

To PeterQuinn: We are using line tags like this. for autodesk.jpg And I'm looking for easy putting it into drawing

Message 65 of 87
bogdanov.y
in reply to: Vic87

To Vic87:

This is the default Plant3D TAG anotation:

Sin título.png

But if you want you can midificated or create new (rectagnular for example...)

Message 66 of 87
JRPalmer

PArt of My Job is taking ISOs created by others and making Cut sheets out of them. Most of what I have to do is to add in welds into the drawing and create breaks in the line. If some of these suggestions can be done in AutoCAD already I apologise for my my inexperience.

The things I would like to see

The ability to set a maximum length of pipe, and when you go over that length AutoCAD automatically inserts a weld, a flange, or whatever the user needs. I have been able to add welds through a custom part but the downside if I use the Weld list in the ISOgen settings, it counts it as 2 or 3 welds instead of just one. Another problem is that I cannot modify that pipe as it  one entire piece. The most frustrating thing is that I seem to be unable to delete the WELD later on, even after I deleted the entire pipe.

When creating breakpoints there should be an option to crete the breakpoint in the middle of the pipe or split it into 3,4,5...etc pieces and when the pipe breaks it automatically creates a field weld marker. Currently the breakpoint seems to break the pipe into random pieces that I have no control over.

I would like to be able to see the lengths of the sections of the pipe automatically appear on the ISO, such as between the fittings and the indivual pipes. Currently you can select cut sheet list but that just placed numbers above the pipe and probaly placed some info into the Data manger. This is not bad, but it creates the need for one more lookup which IS what I want to avoid, I would like everything to be on the ISO, so there is only one place the fabricator needs to look.

The ability to call sections of pipe by a control number. Every seperate ISO would have its own Control Number. So every ISO has its own number and instead of saying continue on DWG 2 it might say continue on Control Number 002.

Basically my primary use for this program is the production of ISOs, so I want that to be as automatic as possible.

Message 67 of 87
JRPalmer
in reply to: JRPalmer

Also would like the ability to refresh my line list in the ISO tab, the ability to export all the ISO creted in one big file without the need to have all the windows open.

Message 68 of 87
patpat78

hello i'm trying plant it's pretty cool i also discovered structural detailling and try it

but unfortunatly it seems the 2 autodesk software are not compatible ( v2011 of plant  3d and v 2012 of structural)

does in the 2012 version of plant we can import in xref a structural detailling files and tsame questaion with architectural

for our works we need somteime detailling for structure and civil.... plant 3d was not good for detailling this parts of studies...

i don't understand why it doesent work ...

( ps sorry for my english i'm french .. 😛 )))

Message 69 of 87
bogdanov.y
in reply to: patpat78

@patpat78 wrote:

hello i'm trying plant it's pretty cool i also discovered structural detailling and try it

but unfortunatly it seems the 2 autodesk software are not compatible ( v2011 of plant  3d and v 2012 of structural)

does in the 2012 version of plant we can import in xref a structural detailling files and tsame questaion with architectural

for our works we need somteime detailling for structure and civil.... plant 3d was not good for detailling this parts of studies...

i don't understand why it doesent work ...

( ps sorry for my english i'm french .. 😛 )))

Plant3D is complete compatible with Structural Detailing. You can do structure in Structural and then link this file in the project of Plant3D, to add it like Xref in the pipe model. You need to install Structural Detailing Object Enabler for view all perfils well in Plant3D.

Message 70 of 87
Vic87
in reply to: bogdanov.y

Yeah, I know, but it doesn't keep inline mode when moving it (for example, like valve)

Message 71 of 87
JRPalmer

It would be interesting if in the specs editor you could add a cost for certain objects, so that in your Data Manager you could have a total cost for your project or broken down by line.

Message 72 of 87
Edwinjt

I have a wish, Maybe AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012 may have a command to convert everything to solids like AutoCAD MEP, so the 3D model can be used in any other 3D software.

Edwin

Message 73 of 87
PeterQuinn
in reply to: Edwinjt

This is possible with Plant 3D now. You have two options. One, you can explode the items and you will get solids. Secondly, you can do a ExporttoAutoCAD which will make a copy of the drawing with nothing be solids and other native AutoCAD objects.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 74 of 87
Edwinjt
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Yes you have 2 options in Plant 3D, but in AutoCAD MEP there are 2 commands: Convert to solid and Convert to Mass Elements and this help to calculate the volume and is more easy to import to other CAD software, maybe these commands can be in AutoCAD Plant directly.

Edwin

Message 75 of 87
gri4775

After moving or streching a Part from a P&ID the Line Spec break (segmentbreak) disapper!

Do you have a Solution or an other way?

Message 76 of 87
puthumazha
in reply to: gri4775

if we can bend a pipe that would be beneficial to us, who are doing tank farm fire protection system where ring pipe are used to fix the sprinklers around storage tanks.

Message 77 of 87
puthumazha
in reply to: gri4775

In pre fabricated piping systems, AUTO FLANGING will be so helpful to use for long run piping.

Message 78 of 87
DLee_XstrataTech

When using clipping planes with VC.lsp which is a modified Dview command. All objects outside of the clip are selectable. I'd like it to go back to the old days and be fast and useful again.

Thanks Santa.

Message 79 of 87
TBoo

Just a small suggestion. I think for a quick reference it would be nice to see a Bottom of Pipe elevation and a Centerline elevation in the properties box. also for the structural components maybe a top of steel elevation.

Message 80 of 87
puthumazha
in reply to: TBoo

i wish the system shall recognize the floor and wall i made by solid editing tool. and if i can see those solid transperant, so that the walls or floors will not obstruct my vision through the pipelines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost