AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Wish List for 2012

86 REPLIES 86
Message 1 of 87
sreid13
11660 Views, 86 Replies

User Wish List for 2012

Just thought it is a good idea to start this thread seems with the previous thread 'User wish list' most of the ideas were implemented in version 2011. So if anyone wants any improvements or added features here is the place to have your say.

- To be able to get female threaded connections in the equipement creator.

- The ability to insert a block that has an assembly of parts. For example we use various risers for gas, oil and water and they are all standard assemblies. So it would be easier to have a directory of risers so we can just insert a block and be able to move it wherever it is needed and still be able to connect to it unlike xrefs, which need to be on 0,0,0.

Regards,

Scott

86 REPLIES 86
Message 81 of 87
PeterQuinn
in reply to: TBoo

BOP and TOS elevations in the Property Palette. Good idea.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 82 of 87
ybogdanov
in reply to: sreid13

Automatic simbols in ortho generation, for example the cut pipes:

Sin título.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 83 of 87
TBoo

I would like to make another suggestion. The line number list under the ISOGEN shows line numbers as random. it would be nice and maybe a little more efficient to see the line numbers in a numerical order or maybe some sort of orderly fashion.

Message 84 of 87
ybogdanov

change class of exist elements (convert valve in instrument or flange to stub-in)

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 85 of 87
gilmorearch
in reply to: ybogdanov

get rid of the hidden "close window" (X) buttons on the various windows that have been changed.  What a stupid idea to hide something like that.  Users are not programmers or screen designers.  you may be bored with simple and straight forward (and standard) elements of the interface, but those of us using the program have enough to deal with when you make other needless changes.  If you want to fix something, look for the various screens and command that are inconsistent or time wasters.  for instance: in Architecture, when inserting "blocks" such as steel shapes, why does the program revert to the original defaults instead of remaining in the selection branch where one is working?  I have to go through several selections each time I want to insert the same element or even a similar one.  what a time wasting frustrations.

Message 86 of 87
ybogdanov

The catalog for sanitary industry ASME BPE with tri-clamp connection:

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 87 of 87
Rich.O.3d

My biggest wish right now is that they would release the dang thing so we can break it and start a wish list for 2013

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost