AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Mentor
tmccar
Message 1 of 4 (308 Views)

Useful information in elbow specs

308 Views, 3 Replies
10-02-2012 11:35 AM

I would like to customize the dynamic tool palette that shows my pipe specs. At the moment, the description for an elbow joint is like this: "ELBOW 45, BV, 150,0". This is meaningless to a piping designer, who needs to know the inch size. How can I change what is displayed? 

*Expert Elite*
dave.wolfe
Message 2 of 4 (297 Views)

Re: Useful information in elbow specs

10-02-2012 01:50 PM in reply to: tmccar

Use the Spec Viewer Palette.  I find it to be much easier to work with.  You can double-click the item in the top section to insert it, or  you can scroll down and double click the particular size of the item to insert in the lower section (I find this useful for reducing items).

10-2-2012 4-43-49 PM.jpg

In any case, items generally take the size of the line they are placed in, unless that size is not available in the spec.

Also, the tool palette descriptions are a combination of the short description plus some other properties, which make them not very flexible.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

ECAD, Inc.
Tips and Tricks on our blog: Process Design, from the Outside

A P3D Authorized Reseller
Mentor
tmccar
Message 3 of 4 (268 Views)

10-03-2012 06:54 AM in reply to: dave.wolfe

Thanks but I was hoping to be able to customize the fields (and perhaps add a new field).

*Expert Elite*
dave.wolfe
Message 4 of 4 (266 Views)

10-03-2012 07:00 AM in reply to: tmccar

Yea, I get it...a lot of our clients want to do that.  There just isn't a good way to do that, and IMO, the spec viewer is the better way to work.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

ECAD, Inc.
Tips and Tricks on our blog: Process Design, from the Outside

A P3D Authorized Reseller

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community