AutoCAD Plant 3D General

junhokim
Message 1 of 3 (121 Views)

Urgen Help Needed!

121 Views, 2 Replies
01-17-2013 01:10 AM

Stub in

1. Gray & Red pipe : I use Stub-In option from the Red pipe. But the Gray pipe is not cutting in the Red pipe.

How to i cut the gray pipe in the red pipe ???

2: Red & Green pipe : The red pipe is 16" and the Green pipe is 6". I know to use a reducer but my customers doesn't want it. Because cost. 

So they want to directly welding.

How to expreess direct welding??

please give a idea.

Valued Contributor
Jorgen1990
Message 2 of 3 (111 Views)

Re: Urgen Help Needed!

01-17-2013 06:27 AM in reply to: junhokim

Hi

1. As fas as I know, stub-in connections are not visualised in Plant 3D the way they would look in real life (being "cut in"). Stub-in connection looks just like the gray and red pipe on that picture. To identify whether you have stub-in connection or not, select the gray pipe. If you see the "continue routing" and "lengthen pipe" grips on the red pipe side end of the gray pipe, the pipes are not connected, but if those grips have disappeared, you have a stub-in connection.

2. What do you mean by direct welding? How could you weld two pipes with different diameters together without reducer?

Jörgen

ccaviel
Message 3 of 3 (107 Views)

You may want to take a look in your branch chart and make...

01-17-2013 06:39 AM in reply to: junhokim

You may want to take a look in your branch chart and make sure you specified the branch type

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community