AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgen Help Needed!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
junhokim
262 Views, 2 Replies

Urgen Help Needed!

Stub in

1. Gray & Red pipe : I use Stub-In option from the Red pipe. But the Gray pipe is not cutting in the Red pipe.

How to i cut the gray pipe in the red pipe ???

2: Red & Green pipe : The red pipe is 16" and the Green pipe is 6". I know to use a reducer but my customers doesn't want it. Because cost. 

So they want to directly welding.

How to expreess direct welding??

please give a idea.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jorgen1990
in reply to: junhokim

Hi

1. As fas as I know, stub-in connections are not visualised in Plant 3D the way they would look in real life (being "cut in"). Stub-in connection looks just like the gray and red pipe on that picture. To identify whether you have stub-in connection or not, select the gray pipe. If you see the "continue routing" and "lengthen pipe" grips on the red pipe side end of the gray pipe, the pipes are not connected, but if those grips have disappeared, you have a stub-in connection.

2. What do you mean by direct welding? How could you weld two pipes with different diameters together without reducer?

Jörgen

Message 3 of 3
ccaviel
in reply to: junhokim

You may want to take a look in your branch chart and make sure you specified the branch type

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost