AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading 2013 to 2014

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
EricNyh
936 Views, 7 Replies

Upgrading 2013 to 2014

Is there a document that walks you through the upgrade path?  I'm wondering what happens to all the changes that we made so that P3D conformed to my company standards.  For example, custom ortho annotations, all the modifications to the iso blocks.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JarrodMudford
in reply to: EricNyh

All your settings that you have listed are project settings. Therefore upon upgrading to 2014, there is no need to do anything else. You must however, open your project in 2014 to migrate it.
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
EricNyh
in reply to: JarrodMudford

Thanks for the reply.

What about customizations of blocks in template files like IsoSymbolStyles.dwg and the like?  How do they upgrade?

Regards,

Eric

Message 4 of 8
JarrodMudford

It also upgrades upon migration. All standard Plant3D files in your project will upgrade to what they are meant to be. This includes the dwg files that contain blocks and settings.
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8

I add a great amount of new parts in the P3D2013 catalogs and created many spec.'s.

Can I still use these catalog items and the pipespec.'s in P3D2014? What steps should I take to lett it work proper in 2014.

I think that P3D2014 has new catalog with changes, how can I merge new P3D2014 catalog items with my added P3D2013 catalog items?

We install next week P3D2014 and converting all  the existing projects. Will everything in the project be working.

(we don't work local on C:\, but on a shared folder accessible for all users)

Further there is a leack of information about the changes in P3D2014, I can only find something about Ortho, Vault and P&ID off page connectors (there should be more???) 

Henk Segveld

Message 6 of 8

We too are looking for, what are the other features in P3d other than ortho, vault and P&ID.
Message 7 of 8
David_Metcalf

Hi All,

Will this help get you started?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8FtO_Vul5I

Regards,

David

Message 8 of 8
dave.wolfe
in reply to: hendriksegveld

Post on migrating specs and catalogs http://www.pdoteam.com/2013/04/migrating-specs-and-catalogs-in-plant-3d/

New feature summary: http://www.pdoteam.com/2013/04/autocad-plant-3d-2014new-features/
Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost