AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Specs retro activly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
AnandHarrypersad
370 Views, 3 Replies

Updating Specs retro activly

I have a nearly completed project and I need to modify the specifications for a specific class of fittings. After editing the catalogue and specs how can I update the out dated refferenced specs?

Thank you,

Henry

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

an easy out would to be add the new spec under a different name, and use the new parts.  I have had to do this a couple times.  It does not work if you need to modify the old fittings in the drawing though.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, John.

I guess I'll be modifying the existing parts as required. I was hoping to escape that.

Message 4 of 4

Unfortunatly that has been my experience.. hopefully someone else can give us both good news 8(

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost