AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create own actuators in Catalog

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tarrynd
1104 Views, 6 Replies

Unable to create own actuators in Catalog

Hi All

I am currently trying to set my actuators in my catalog. Now I don't want to use the default actuators provided (as seen in attached image "Acuator list"), I would like to rather use ones that I have created, but when i try create an actuator, using the create new components option under catalog editor, after specifying my information (as seen in image "Actuator I would like to add"), the actuator does not appear in my list of components in my catalog like the other actuators do. Can anyone please help?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Dan.Scales
in reply to: tarrynd

Hi,

I can't reproduce this issue.

Could you provide detailed steps of the workflow that you are using?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 7
Slepe
in reply to: Dan.Scales

I have also samekind problem.

When I have filled all information of the actuator in Create New Componen-section and pushed Create-button, the actuator doesn't appear anywhere?

Program Autocad Plant 3D 2013

Message 4 of 7
tarrynd

Hi There

My workflow is exactly that of which I would use to create any other component. In the Spec Editor I open my catalog and select "Create New Component", I then select "Actuators" under component category, and choose "ValveActuator" under piping component, then give a short description, choose metric sizes and fill in Manual for operator type and Hand Wheel under Actuator type. I then select the Handwheel image and say Create and nothing happens.

Tarryn

Message 5 of 7
tarrynd

Hi All

I know what the problem is. If you change the Actuator from Imperial to Metric it doesnt work. Unfortunately I do not have a solution though.

Not sure if anyone else has figured this out?

Tarryn

Message 6 of 7
cyklosarin

Hi,

Same problem here. Can someone give any solution on this?

Regards

Message 7 of 7
islanddrafting

yes also no chain wheel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost