AutoCAD Plant 3D General

Message 1 of 5 (280 Views)

U-shaped tee's ISO

280 Views, 4 Replies
11-18-2012 08:04 PM

@~QX`0130@LH6R6AV)ZZMBY.jpg

Image.png

Like this kind of componets in the picture.  The catologue and the iso skey are all custom by users.  And then when making ISOdraft the problem in the 1st picture occurred.

In their projects, there are many components like this, for example, multiple-way vavle (as picture) also has the same problem.

Image.png

We has been nagged by this problem for a long time. Please help us to solve it. 

Thanks a million.

Mentor
attila_vallyon
Message 2 of 5 (254 Views)

Re: U-shaped tee's ISO

11-19-2012 07:13 AM in reply to: kunbe

I have the same problem with the isogen. I use P3D 2013.

The isogen can not handle well the multiple port valves properly (more than two ports) unless the ports point against eachother in a valve.

If the port centerlines does not come together in one point, the iso generator will not put properly the symbol.

You can see the iso centerline when you select in the 3D model a component. And the centerlines do not intersect eachother in the valve.

Unfortunately I do not know the solution for that problem.

I think it is a isogen issue and has to be developed in the future.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Valued Mentor
Rich.O.3d
Message 3 of 5 (245 Views)

11-19-2012 02:41 PM in reply to: attila_vallyon

the valves in plant are 'inline' components, what you have in your model, I would call a piece of equipment, not a valve

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Employee
TomislavGolubovic
Message 4 of 5 (236 Views)

11-19-2012 03:56 PM in reply to: kunbe

Depends on whats shown on the P&ID

Tomislav Golubovic
Plant Solutions Engineer
Autodesk Australia / New Zealand
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5 (137 Views)

11-27-2012 06:45 PM in reply to: Rich.O.3d

So, what about U-shape tee? Could it be equipment?  And how to define  this kind of vavle align, if they aren't "inline".

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community