AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with drawings not opening in a student version of Plant 3D 2014

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
286 Views, 0 Replies

Trouble with drawings not opening in a student version of Plant 3D 2014

I just purchased Ascent Intro to Plant Design 2014 student guide and am having trouble with the files opening up in my student version of 2014 AutoCAD Plant 3D. I downloaded the class files from the link listed on page ix of the book. Everything downloaded successfully onto my 64 bit HP computer, however, when I am in the Plant 3D program and open the file through the Project Manager as the book instructs none of the drawings show up in the drawing window or preview section (bottom half of the project manager section). Everything is present in the project manager however, when I right click and select open or double click on the dwg file icon (yellow and blue icon) the drawing window does not display a drawing in the drawing window and the title at the top of the screen (above the quick access toolbar) does not change. I have tried to reload the class files from the book but nothing changes.  I have tried to reinstall Student Plant 3D and still the same problem. 
I have also sent this request to Ascent to confirm their files are not the problem, but I am wondering if the student version of PLANT 3D won't work with their study files?  Ascent claims everything should work with the student version and they cannot recreate my problem on their end.
Can you Please Help!
Thanks,

Jim

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost