AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Victaulic Spec

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
universalpiping
701 Views, 6 Replies

Trouble with Victaulic Spec

I need help with something that is probably quite simple.  

I am working in the Downloaded Victaulic catalog for plant 12.  I have created a spec for Chilled water, and I already have loaded most of the fittings needed for this job into the spec. They all seam to work just fine.  

My problem is that I can't put couplings in where I need them.  We would typically buy carbon steel pipe in 21' lengths, and thats what I want to draw it as in plant.  If I have a length of pipe that is 500' long, I want to break it every 21' and put a coupling.

Can anyone give advice?

Intel(r) Xeon(R) CUPI E3-1505Mv5@2.80ghz
32 gb ram
win 10 x 64 bit OS x64 based processor
Autocad Plant Design Suite Ultimate 2017
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

No one?

Intel(r) Xeon(R) CUPI E3-1505Mv5@2.80ghz
32 gb ram
win 10 x 64 bit OS x64 based processor
Autocad Plant Design Suite Ultimate 2017
Message 3 of 7
VicGuy
in reply to: universalpiping

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the Plant 3D software. 

Just to recap your issue you want to have the pipe broken up in 21 foot random lengths automatically when you route the pipe.  The software should be placing a coupling at every joint and it isn't at this time.

The Victaulic data that currently ships with the software was created by the Autodesk Plant 3D team.  I have forwarded your issue to their development team in an effort to get this resolved for you.

Message 4 of 7
VicGuy

The relpy I received from Autodesk is as follows:

Currently Plant 3D doesn't support fixed length pipe. So there is not a way to have it place the coupling every 21'automatically. The work around would be to physically place a coupling every 21'.

It appears that this is an issue regrdless of what pipe joining method you are routing.

Message 5 of 7
eadkins73

My suggestion, make a 21 foot long "nipple" and just make the description read pipe.

Ed Adkins
EA2 Engineering
www.ea2eng.com
Message 6 of 7

Use Command PLANTWELDADD. Choose option Auto Placement Distance to specify automatic placement after a specified length.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-plant-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/...

Message 7 of 7
km4504

If you are familiar with Spec editor, you can add a fixed length to the pipe and it will place a coupling at the length that you set, just make sure that the Fixed length box is checked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost